• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moving across the country.

Greeling

So I am potentially moving to LA from Atlanta.

Does anyone know the best and most legal way to get my snakes, geckos, and frog across state lines?

I don't even know where to start =(

Also does California have issues with cal kings?

Most states have written into laws/codes that transport of species listed as protected within the state, or states that require importation permits have a 3 day grace period to make it across the state before having to obtain licenses or permits. NM is one such state, if memory serves me correctly.

I'm not recalling CA regs specifically on native stuff, but I do remember something about having a permit for keeping/breeding. Hopefully one of the CA folks will chime in.

The other option is having the animals shipped overnight once you're in CA. The problem with that is having someone back in ATL that you can trust and has the knowledge/ability to package up and ship your stuff properly.

Yeah I was going to go the shipping route, but I don't know anyone who could pack them up and take care of them. plus I don't have duplicate housing for everyone. So driving is really the best option.

As long as you are not traveling to sell the animals, there should be no issue with passing through the states along your route. That also presupposes you don't have any of the banned pythons or anacondas, or any venomous animals...

Back