• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my new snakes....

jablount14

Well i got into this hobby a few months ago with corn snakes. Well after having hatchiling corns for a few months I have decided that corns are not for me. so I picked up 2 amazon tree boa adults.....

the larger one of course is the female colored in the blue with brown spots she is 3 1/2 years old. and the thinner, smaller one with the brown and black is the male 2 1/2 years old. I have both of them in a temporary viv as you can see. I have plans to build a huge amazon theme base vivarium with all natural plants soon until then these will do just fine... hope you like the snakes just though i would share some pics... by the way I'm still keeping my corns cant wait to the get older then I"m sure I will like them alot more...

Attachments

• P1180050.JPG
    P1180050.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 139
  • P1180049.JPG
    P1180049.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 135
  • P1180047.JPG
    P1180047.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 133
  • P1180045.JPG
    P1180045.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 136
  • P1180048.JPG
    P1180048.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 132
Yep, if you're like me, you'll like them better when they're older. I don't really enjoy handling hatchlings very much. I do it regularly to acclimate them to handling, but it's more of chore than an enjoyable activity. But I love handling yearlings and up.

that is exactly how i feel about it. just like it is a chore..... good way of saying it....no coment on the amazons though?

Nice snakes.

I thought those snakes were very nervous and almost un-handle-able (is that a word?). I could be wrong.

What made you that type of snake? I was considering getting a spotted python or children's python because they have generally the same requirements as corns but they're more girthy (again, I'm making up words) and seem more laid-back when handling.

I love Amazons!

I have a 2.4 group and just had my first litter arrive about a little less than a month ago. I used to breed them back in the late '80s and early '90s, so it is exciting to be back into them again.

I hope to get Bill to photo them soon so I can post photos for all to see (I got 1 garden phase baby and 9 yellows, although one yellow died shortly after birth).

Hope you have as much fun with them as I have had!

jablount14 said:
that is exactly how i feel about it. just like it is a chore..... good way of saying it....no coment on the amazons though?

Amazons are amazing looking snakes, and yours are no exception. When I'm wealthy enough for someone else to take care of them (yeah, right), I will have a number of them. But I'm more of a colubrid guy. :)

REALLY nice ammies...I have just gotten into them myself with one and another on the way. They are just amazing snakes, fun to watch and handle. I handle my little guy regularly, and he rarely bites..( I won't say never because he will strike, but usually misses, if you move too fast) They do have a bad reputation, but I believe with handling from when they are young, that they aren't that bad. I LOVE mine and would never part with him. They also come in some amazing colors...and in the future I plan on getting a nice RED...

Here is a pic of him.

Shams0705.jpg

how does it feel when you get bit by one of these guys.... Cause i know I'm going to get bit a few times. The female is not bad at striking at me but the male i would put up against a Pitt bull. that little guy is as mean as they come.. I have yet to even touch them. i use a hook to get them out of the Viv....Just in case i get bit i have a spray bottle full of alcohol in it within arms reach...

by the way your snake is gorgeous.... and the red ones are so pretty looking, but i have yet to find another one like my female out there with the blue tint

Well, I have to say that getting bit by this guy doesn't really hurt. He is just a yearling though. They do make little teeth marks, and they usually draw blood. I imagine when they are older it may hurt some. When I watched him eat, it looked to me like his teeth were a wee bit bigger than a corn. I handle him often, so I am hoping that when he does get to be an adult, I won't have to worry to much about biting. He is a great snake, and I am really glad that I had the chance to get him. I am hoping the female is just as calm. She is coming from the same guy, a good friend, so I think that she will be.

When you get the female post pics I want to see her. My female is blue its weird i've never seen a blue tree boa and those pictures i have on the net do not do her any justice.well its feeding day today for them and i have to build another little viv for the male i think im going to seperate them.

more pic's

Attachments

• P1190058.JPG
    P1190058.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 18
  • P1190056.JPG
    P1190056.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 21
  • P1190054.JPG
    P1190054.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 22
  • P1190060.JPG