• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My snake doesn't run from me anymore...

mwr920

Before when I tried to take him out of his cage he would race to the opposite side, but now he really doesn't move at all when I take him out...could there be a probem with him?

Of course it doesn't run from you, it doesn't have any legs. :nyah:

It is just getting used to you and it no longer thinks of you as this big thing that could try and eat it.

mwr920 said:
Before when I tried to take him out of his cage he would race to the opposite side, but now he really doesn't move at all when I take him out...could there be a probem with him?
Just outta curiousity, how long did you have him before he started calming down?

Hmmm...mine has done the opposite. At first Cotton Ball was calm about letting me pick her up...now she 'runs' all over the place. I Guess I should stop putting her in my mouth when I take her out :licklips: :headbang: .

Just kidding btw. Sounds like a good thing that he's not running away from ya. I wouldn't be concerned unless he is visibly weaker and just can't 'run'. Try setting him on the floor of your house...you'll probably see him take off then :sidestep: (bad advice).

"Just outta curiousity, how long did you have him before he started calming down?"

About 3 months

Well out of the cave, he seems pretty healty and slithers around.

Thanks for the replies.

Each snake is an individual. Some will be calm from the minute they come out of the egg; others will be grumpy well into old age. Most corns will become very docile after they get to be 12-24 months old.

Back