• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

No heat?

Pythonpete

Super-Boider
Hey guys I am new to the site and don't own any colubrids. I mostly keep burmese pythons and some agamid species of lizards. My question is this. Would I be able to properly house corn snakes an unheated rack system? I live in a house where the temp does not usually fall very low. I know they dont need to be super warm either. Any input would be awesome.

Pete :flames:

Pythonpete said:
I mostly keep burmese pythons and some agamid species of lizards.

aren't burmese pythons ginormous??
and you said python(S)..... you have more than one???

wow :eek1:

do i have an incorrect impression of burmese pythons??

What are the temps in your house?
Corns need to be able to thermoregulate by going where it's warmer or cooler depending on their needs. Usually a range of 75 - 85. I've heard of people not heating their snake habitats but usually they live in the warmer states (FL, AZ)

shed'n my skin said:
What are the temps in your house?
Corns need to be able to thermoregulate by going where it's warmer or cooler depending on their needs. Usually a range of 75 - 85. I've heard of people not heating their snake habitats but usually they live in the warmer states (FL, AZ)

I agree with Jen all the way. You should have a variant in temperatures.
Being from Massachusetts how do you warm your other snakes?.

Yes I have burmese pythons and yes they get really big. I use heat bulbs and thermostats to keep their temps where they need to be. Do corn snakes really have to have temps up to 85 degrees?

Pete

The temperatures of the substrate should be 80-85 degrees to help with the digestion with corn snakes and having a cool side of 70-75 degrees.

There are many people who keep their snake rooms at a constant 82 degrees F and use no other heating. If your temps tend to drop below this, you might need to have supplemental heat for them to digest properly. My adults seem to prefer the cooler temps most of the time, but the youngsters like the heat.

Back