• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

No song title here

pcar

PCar's Reptiles
Well, no song came to mind to show these guys off again. But here they are.

These are the last 3 of the Texas Rat Snakes (Cibolo/Schertz Locality) that I have. this is a 1.2 trio that I will be keeping for breeding and they are going on 2 years old.

The story behind them is an interesting one: One of my wife's Aunts was moving a round hay bale on her property and they found a pile of what looked like 20 eggs under it. They didn't look like chicken eggs to her, so she broke 2 f them open to find out what was inside. When a white snake came out of each, she stopped and called me, asking for "The Snake Man". She told me what she found and I was at her place in about 20 minutes. Picked up the eggs, took them home and started an incubation container for them. about 3 days passed and I started to wonder if I was really being smart in trying to hatch out snake eggs that I didn't know anything about. But I let them warm and about a month later, 18 beautiful Texas Rats came slithering out. I sold off all but these three, so here they are, in no particular order, and I don't remember which is the male.

IMG_1645_Resized.jpg

IMG_1646_Resized.jpg

IMG_1648_Resized.jpg

IMG_1650_Resized.jpg

IMG_1649_Resized.jpg

IMG_1651_Resized.jpg

IMG_1652_Resized.jpg

Wow, what a way to come across some beautiful snakes! Congrats on getting them to hatch and those three are very nice. What are your breeding plans for them?

Jenn

Roy Munson said:
Cool snakes and story. :) The light brown coloration on their sides is interesting.

I was a little upset when she told me they broke open a second egg "just to be sure they were all snakes". But, I was able to save the rest.

These three had the most color in them between the browns, yellows and reds. The last 2 colors are very light and the camera didn't pick them up very well. I have had a few adults in the last coulpe of years, and it is amazing the amount of color change they go through. I am hoping that these 3 will keep some of the browns, yellows and reds as they get to be an adult.

pcar said:
I started to wonder if I was really being smart in trying to hatch out snake eggs that I didn't know anything about.
At least you knew they were not rattlesnake eggs. :dunce:

The Stars At Night Are Big And Bright

(deep in the heart of my Texas Ratsnakes)

Cute little guys! Congratulations of hatching them!!

Nanci

danvega said:
At least you knew they were not rattlesnake eggs. :dunce:

Rattlesnakes are live birth (At least Western Diamond Backs are), so that was a given. But there are other venemous snakes in my area that are egg layers that I would have to worry about. The Texas Coral snake for one (Although I would have been just as excited if I would have hatched some of these out).

Nice looking kids there. And, I can understand your being upset about the second casualty - particularly since this seemed to be a really healthy batch. So, were these sold as WC or CB?

-Sean

Eremita said:
So, were these sold as WC or CB?

-Sean

I sold them as Captive Hatched. Everyone that bought one was told how I got a hold of the eggs. And, yes, I had problems with selling them at certain shows because they weren't CB. So most were sold through my website, and the rest were sold to a very good friend of mine that wanted them for a Texas Locality displays that he put on at most of the shows in San Antonio.

The ones that I produce from this trio will be sold as CB from CH parents.

Back