• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pink Snake?

Emscornsnake

In 2010 I had a clutch of corn snake eggs that hatched. In that clutch I had some amels, anerys, normals, and snows. Well about 7 months after they had hatched I had noticed something wierd with one of my snow corns. It was literally PINK. :eek:
This corn snake seems to be getting pinker and pinker as it grows too. Now when I say it is pink some might think oh because of lighting or judt hints of pink. However, when you look at it, the whole body is completely pink. I will try and get some photos of it, but I do not know if the pink will show up that good in the picture. I had bought this snake to my local pet store and he noticed it to, but could not tell me why this was the case. It certainly caught me off guard. Does anyone have any insight on why this might have happened. Thank you.

I am a novice on morphs, but first most will want to know:

What were the parents?

I am still confused between coral snows and salmon snows and what the genes are that make them both are pink!

I have a pink snow. However, I do not know what excately his genes are because he was a Petco snake! I am partial to snows both pink and white :)

Unfortunatly, I had got the parents from a local pet shop that did not know what morphs the snakes where. I believe the female is an amel. She looks like one at least. The male is a Snow, I know that.

What I do not know like I said is the exact bloodline of the parents.

Awe it sounds like they have some hets. Atleast from the very little I know about morphs.

but I am sure more people could give a more educated answers than I could!

Here is Piglet. Many people have guessed that he is a coral snow!

IMG_2164.jpg

In 2010 I had a clutch of corn snake eggs that hatched. In that clutch I had some amels, anerys, normals, and snows.

First I would like to say that is a fine looking snow.

If you had the above babies then your "amel" is not an amel. It is probably a hypo. Because an amel het anery would only hatch amels and snows since your snow is genetically an amel + anery. Sounds like you actually have a hypo het amel, anery & a snow het/homo hypo. Could we get a pic of the parents? A good pic of the non snows eyes would also help.

First I would like to say that is a fine looking snow.

If you had the above babies then your "amel" is not an amel. It is probably a hypo. Because an amel het anery would only hatch amels and snows since your snow is genetically an amel + anery. Sounds like you actually have a hypo het amel, anery & a snow het/homo hypo. Could we get a pic of the parents? A good pic of the non snows eyes would also help.

You make it sound so so sooo easy when talking about the genetics. I understood though. Thanks for the comment. and the photo is now up :)

Can we get some parental pics too? The closeup of the head/eye is definitely not a snow ;)

The close up was of the adult female corn snake that had laid the eggs. I though she was an amel. I will post more up soon of the female and of the male snow.

During this whole entire time I had her, I can not believe I never noticed that. wow. And the fact that I knew that amel have red eyes. urgh. I never really noticed the eyes before. I don't know why.

That is a very beautiful Snow you have there. It is a Paradox Snow at that (Red patches on head).

The mother is, certainly, not an Amel (that is not an Amel eye) and is, likely, a Hypo. Pics, of both parents (entire body), will be nice.

Since you do not know the background, of the parents, we cannot know if Strawberry, Red factor, etc. is at work. Thus, I would just call your pink boy a Snow ... or a Paradox Snow.
'Course, I suppose you could also call him a Coral Snow (Paradox Coral Snow) if you wish to use the original meaning of "Coral Snow".;)

Not a problem For all that want to see the adults I do have a video that might help out. Sorry about the delaying of the photos I am feeding 14 little guys. lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6qUFuGvaJ7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL

Pig is a petco snake so I have no idea what he is. All I know is he gets pinker with every shed! We actually got him on sale for $20bucks. He was the last one in the tank that night.

Back