• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Remote Incubator Temp Monitoring

Nanci

Alien Lover
Just set this up today! I'll be able to view the incubator probe temp remotely, on my phone, iPad, or any computer. It also has an alarm set for the max temp I set and will e-mail and text me if the max temp is exceeded. This makes me feel a lot safer leaving the eggs unattended. I've had this type of monitor on my racks for years. I kind of want a fancy Hot Boxx incubator, but the thing I like about the mini-fridge type is that they will cool as well as heat, so if I have a whole-house AC failure, the eggs will be safe. WARNING! I killed one incubator, installing the probe through the wall. It worked initially, but when I needed to remove the probe to get the thermometer set up, something happened, I guess. So I went through the door with this one.

7ceab9d433d68c5d00894a196c40c313.jpg

270a3d8231deda76a5289cc77b7e224c.jpg

961aa7224d4469438a5361b57a1f06f0.jpg

a648a8d24cf08fcb03460d884b66e432.jpg

dcafb7adb8d666568bb68b304b17ba5c.jpg

e547bb8113978148a43602d5470076a4.jpg

Will the marvels of modern technology never cease?! That is awesome!

So many times we hear of folks losing clutches, because they didn't discover heating malfunctions until they got home, sometimes hours after the fact.

Nanci, if you were to get an overheat warning text while you're at work, would you be able to leave to take care of it, or are you able to shut down your heat source remotely?

Kathy

It's possible to shut it down remotely, with an outlet it plugs into, but I don't have that. I did have a hatchling rack overheating alarm last year, and left work. It (the rack) was responding to the room AC.

Growtronix makes a system that can be shut down remotely. I think some reptile keepers use this. It's in my list of things to check out.

Oh- I also have a video camera that I can view on my phone or iPad, which I use to watch hatching eggs. It's not super-great, but good enough to watch for slitting activity and what morphs are coming out!

Oh- I also have a video camera that I can view on my phone or iPad, which I use to watch hatching eggs. It's not super-great, but good enough to watch for slitting activity and what morphs are coming out!

That's cool too! Next best thing to actually being there, even if the picture quality isn't the best.

That Growtronix system is awesome; I don't think I would ever need something that elaborate, but I can see why some higher-volume breeders would use it.

Kathy

Back