• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shoudl I brumate all or just my males?

CAcornguy

Beginner breeder!
I have heard many different opinions on this, and now I would like to hear what you folks do...

My female is very large and healthy, at least 4 1/2 feet, and good weight
My males are each about 38 inches and much skinnier, but still very healthy. (they are not thinner then they should be by any means)

I want to breed the female in the Spring, if she does not Lay eggs before, so I want to know if they should all take a nice long Winters nap, or Just the males. Let me know what you think! Thanks all! - Don

Unregister,
I don't brumate my cornsnakes.
You don't have to do it, some people do and some don't.

*rhiannon*

Brumating corns

It is adviseable by most breeders that you brumate both sexes in order to breed. The males need it to produce healthy viable sperm, and both need the process in order to trigger the breeding response. I have always brumated my animals, and have always had good success. Others, though don't do much of anything, and this seems to work for them, but I am not certain as to the success of this method.

Jeff:D

Back