• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snakes at the Zoo/Cobra shed pics

Dinah

First, I hope it is ok to post this here, it didn't seem like it fit in the field herping section, but obviously it isn't about corn snakes so the photo gallery wasn't the right place either, if it is the wrong place could someone let me know. Thanks

Ok so we went to the zoo last week, and got to see the snakes. Of course the reptile house is her favorite part of the zoo, and since we have been there so many times I didn't really think it would be any different, but it must have been feeding day or something must have been in the air, because many of the snakes where out and about and more active than they normally are. It was a bit rainy that day so maybe atmospheric pressure was the cause? Anyways, I wanted to share a couple of pics, the coolest is that the King Cobra had just shed, and his shed skin was still in his tank and it was really long. Also included are pics of the Green Mamba who was considerate enough to be sitting at the front so I could get a good pic , and I couldn't post without including a pic of the corn snake that started my daughters interest. Anyways we had a nice time and we got really excited about seeing the cobra's shed skin so we wanted to share. They are just camera phone pics and the lighting in the reptile house isn't great but they are still ok

Attachments

• King Cobra.jpeg
    King Cobra.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Cobra Shed.jpeg
    Cobra Shed.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Green Mamba.jpeg
    Green Mamba.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Zoo Corn Snake.jpeg
    Zoo Corn Snake.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 43
You should come for a visit someday! That zoo is only about half an hour from me! You could tell your kids you're going to the "snake zoo". :roflmao:

When I saw your Boa thread my heart kind of skipped a little bit, and I thought about asking LOL but I didn't want to just you know invite myself. December and January are really busy months for me, but maybe after we can make it up there to see your snakes. My daughter would be in heaven at a "snake zoo." :cool: She tells me all the time she wants to be a reptile zoo keeper. I really think she is angling to one day have the herp keeper's job at the Sanford Zoo.

I like their enclosures. Much better than our zoo's. The reptiles are still my favorite part of our zoo but the bldg is so old it's pretty sad.

I thought it was awfully considerate of the green mamba to sit right next to the glass so I could get his or her pic. The King Cobra on the other hand wouldn't come out of its hole, how inconsiderate. I tried to tell him, I just wanted to get a pic to show off, but I don't think Cobras can speak human, either that or he just didn't care.

They do have some neat enclosures the one with the corn snake reminds me of my husbands shed, and whenever I am out there and have to take something off the shelf, I always check very carefully. I don't worry so much about running into a corn snake on the shelf out there its the other possible snakes as well as just the surprise that I worry about.

Back