• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Suddenly Blind

Myca

Today my daughter's 6 month old kitten suddenly became blind. It was playing this morning and by 10 am it was huddled up and would not move. The vet said it is completely blind and put it on steroids. This is the bottle fed baby she got from the city rescue. She has had this baby since he was a couple of days old. She joined the rescue after her 13 year old cat, that she also bottle raised, was murdered by a pit bull. (my mother's pit bull) I have googled possible causes and don't like any of them.

And even if the blindness doesn't reverse itself, you still have a beautiful animal to care for. In a different way, maybe, but you did make the commitment to give him a forever home, even if it a little different of a scenario that you envisioned.

Blind animals are amazing, they have to work a little harder to get by, but they adjust and adapt wonderfully. Keep a journal of your progress with him, and how he solves problems he wouldn't have encountered if he had perfect vision. Also, a great lesson for your daughter on how to treat disabled people and animals.

Just don't go rearranging the furniture on April Fool's Day!!!

Good luck, I think you are in for a treat.

I am keeping fingers crossed.. sudden blindness is scary due to the intensity of something being wrong :( <3

I am keeping fingers crossed.. sudden blindness is scary due to the intensity of something being wrong :( <3

Yeah, I posted hoping for the best possible outcome, a blind kitty with challenges to him and Myca and the journey to overcome them. I really hope that is all there is to it, if it is something that would cause him to have to be euthanized or be saddled with a lifetime of pain and treatments, it would be such a sad ending. Kittens should never have to die. :awcrap: :(

Back