• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Suspected Anery Motley Tessera

Camby

He will join us or die
He is a sibling to the striped aneries. The dad is a dilute anery tessera and the mom was a SMR striped tessera. We hatched two motlies and the pattern looks like what SMR has listed as a motley tessera. One is a normal and the other is this anery version. Sorry the pic isn't better, but this guy will NOT sit still to photo

We will hold back the male and test breed him in a fe years to see if it is or not.

dc

Attachments

• sus_mot_anery_tess.jpg
    sus_mot_anery_tess.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 160
Best of luck proving him out. Not to hijack your thread, but which of these clutchmates would you consider Motley Tessera and which are Motley? :shrugs:

Sgtpepper07.jpg

TS8.jpg

Last edited:
He is a sibling to the striped aneries. The dad is a dilute anery tessera and the mom was a SMR striped tessera. We hatched two motleys and the pattern looks like what SMR has listed as a motley tessera.
Very interesting! BUT it is not possible to produce Motleys and Stripes in the same clutch from a presumably Blue Tessera het Motley x Striped Tessera.

The only possible combo would be Motley/Striped and Motley has proven to be dominant over its allele Striped in all other combines. Since the only genotype that could be produced is Motley/Striped, the Motley phenotype would be the only possibility.

There must be another explanation. Since this was a Tess x Tess breeding, it seems likely that we are seeing a Super form of Tessera and mistakenly identifying it as a Striped Tessera or Motley Tessera.

Another possibility is that Striped Tesseras can be Striped/Striped OR Striped/Motley and the Tesseras gene makes them both look striped. This would make the breeding Blue Tess het Motley x Motley/Striped Tessera. This combo could produce Motleys and Stripes in the same clutch.

Another possibility is that we can not tell the difference between Motley/Striped Tessera and Tesseras. This would make the breeding Motley/Striped Tessera x Striped Tessera. This combo could also produce Motleys and Stripes in the same clutch.

Joe I appreciate all your insight but I am an idiot. I shouldn't be trusted to post that late anymore. I meant to say the male was a dilute Amery MOTLEY not a tessera. Sorry for the confusion.

DC

Joe I appreciate all your insight but I am an idiot. I shouldn't be trusted to post that late anymore. I meant to say the male was a dilute Amery MOTLEY not a tessera. Sorry for the confusion.

DC
Believe me, I have made some stupid late night post myself! So this means that your Blue Motley is het Striped and explains your results.

So will we get to see a Super Tessera phenotype? With all of the Motley and Striped breedings to Tessera we have seen, it is going to be difficult to figure out.

Congratulations for producing Tesseras het Blue. Blue Tesseras are on the top of my must produce morphs!

So will we get to see a Super Tessera phenotype? With all of the Motley and Striped breedings to Tessera we have seen, it is going to be difficult to figure out.

Congratulations for producing Tesseras het Blue. Blue Tesseras are on the top of my must produce morphs!

Agreed on the difficulty. So far, my tesseras breeding results do not typically follow Mendalian results. I have had some STRANGE results this season.

Thanks for the comments. I do hope to see what a Blue Striped Tessera looks like and I also think the stand alone dilute striped tessera will be cool looking. Hopefully we will see in a few years. Not that it is a terrible thing, but that clutch only produced (2) females, a striped normal tessera and a normal tessera. All the rest are males.

dc

dc

I have to agree with you both...most wanted tessera (for now)!!!!!!

this is my female She is easily ready!! Anery Het dilute stripe......
Not sure if my male will be ready though AAAGGGHHHHHHH :shrugs:

tesserarhianna.jpg

Best of luck proving him out. Not to hijack your thread, but which of these clutchmates would you consider Motley Tessera and which are Motley? :shrugs:

Sgtpepper07.jpg

TS8.jpg

Tom, I really am not sure. This is my first year of breeding a tessera to a motley type. Nice looking snakes you produced

dc

Another pic. It was also posted in the Striped Anery Tessera thread.

dc

Attachments

• daryl4 (768 x 576).jpg
    daryl4 (768 x 576).jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 29
Very nice dc! Congrats again on the Striped Anery Tesseras!!:cheers:
I produced quite a few nice motleys this year from some Striped Tessera breedings. Most are slated to be holdbacks, due mainly to their hets and rolled back into projects. Some show a nice border of black associated with Tessera and others look plain old motley.
I'm not about to speculate on which are Tessera and which aren't. I'm certain that will all work out after their 1st breedings. I'm contemplating a Stripe Tess x Tess/ het stripe breeding for 2013.

Very nice dc! Congrats again on the Striped Anery Tesseras!!:cheers:
I produced quite a few nice motleys this year from some Striped Tessera breedings. Most are slated to be holdbacks, due mainly to their hets. Some show a nice border of black associated with Tessera and others look plain old motley.
I'm not about to speculate on which is Tessera and which isn't. I'm certain that will all work out after their 1st breedings. I'm contemplating a Stripe Tess x Tess/ het stripe breeding for 2013.

Do I ship the aspirin to the same address as the girl I just shipped back?

dc

Back