• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

the saga continues........

Congrats Mom!!!!

diamondlil said:
PHTO0011.jpg

Lil all skin and bones
PHTO0014.jpg

Lil has started growing!

She looks great!! A real credit to your hard work :D

-Tonya

Thanks, she is worth every minute of mouse-blending, even worse is trying to push puree of day-old chick through a metal sieve :puke01: so you can syringe it up. Am just praying the mice will do their duty, and she will take the resulting pinks, but hadn't realised the progress we're making 'til I compared the 2 pics

Exemplary owner!

I hope Lil will take to the live pinkies.
Congratulations on doing such a good job with her and for being such a devoted owner as well as a “Super Nurse”, you really deserve a big round of applauses :bowdown:

Lmao! How could any corn owner not be devoted? At first I had got to the point of thinking she would die anyway, but she is strong enough now that the feeding involves a wrestling match. Her temperament still excellent, I was worried that she might have got handshy, but no worries there, she only struggles when I actually open her mouth.
Thanks for all the support and help from this site, when she fially eats voluntarily I will bore everyone with pics! :crazy02:

diamondlil said:
Lmao! How could any corn owner not be devoted? At first I had got to the point of thinking she would die anyway, but she is strong enough now that the feeding involves a wrestling match. Her temperament still excellent, I was worried that she might have got handshy, but no worries there, she only struggles when I actually open her mouth.
Thanks for all the support and help from this site, when she fially eats voluntarily I will bore everyone with pics! :crazy02:
Not all owners are good owners :twoguns: therefore I felt that good ones should be acknowledge, it is always nice to hear compliments, right!?
Yes please, bore us with pics and details, we love to be bored ;)

true enough, there are many bad owners of pets in general, but I don't see the point of getting any animal if I'm not prepared to put any effort necessary for it's health. Also I think the hidden costs of petkeeping are what some people don't budget for, have quite an investment in water conditioners and tonics for my fish, the cheapest ones in my tank, the black neons cost me a fortune to get the water right for their health, but if I want fish, I want them happy and healthy, otherwise I may as well just get a video loop and watch it!

:grin01: well if I can love a 1-eyed gerbil who wants to take off my fingers every time I go near him...........but seriously Lil is worth it to me, as is every one of the menagerie living here

How many fingers are you missing now...LOL....?
This is very true though, I don't think it is what the animal looks like but to give the animal a good decent life and not jump into animal keeping without researching it first and making sure you are ready to commit yourself to its wellbeing.
I rescued my two cats from the Cat Protection League and when they asked me if I wanted to know what they look like I said No as it doesn’t matter to me. I was lucky and ended up with two beautiful cats which are adorable :)

feeding day for the little'uns again, Lil has reached the whopping weight of 21gs!!!!!!!!!, so I thawed 2 pinkies for calamity, a peach fuzzy for Slim, and a pink and the secret weapon, a chick drumstick for Lil.
Of course the other 2 ate, no problems, but Lil, nope. She did actually spend some time digging her nose on both the chick and the brained pink, which is the most interest she's shown in feeding herself for ages, so I went off for a coffee and left her in peace for hour.
Came back to find her curled up happily and the food all covered in Lil's poop :shrugs: out with the mouse puree and syringe, and 1 indignant snow is settled down to digest in peace.
The good thing is the mice should be parents around the 18th, so no more feedings for Lil, she has enough weight to make me think I can let her be hungry now for the live pink.

Keep working hard! I really admire your hard work to get Lil to eat :) We can't just give up on these little guys - even when they do poo-poo every food item put in front of them (Quite literally in your case!)

well she'll get there in the end, I can't see me wrestling with her jaws when she's an adult, I was soooooooooo excited when she was digging at the pink, really thought she was going to eat this time, just awaiting snakebait and feeder to do their duty, if she doesn't go for a live pink I'll be really stumped.
Am going back to the shop tomorrow to pick up pygmy chameleon for my youngest's birthday, the owner has offered to swap Lil for another snow and I went NOOOOOOooooooo!

I cross my fingers and toes for you that she will eat and not poop the live pinkie... I can't wait for the mouse to deliver so that we know.
Good Luck!

I'm not that good a cook, but haven't had that reaction to food I serve up before! :puke01: I'm just off to pick up the cham, and to meet my new christmas corn, still haven't thought of a name for her yet, will see if I can get pics

Oo another snake.. - I wish my mum liked snakes as much as you! I'm moving trav into a nice big viv soon (for trade price mwuahaha) which leaves the viv he's in now empty for someone new! :D

growing!

still waiting for the pinky production, mama mouse starting to get plump, so had to feed Lil again by syringe, and today found a lovely complete shed, exactly 4 weeks from the last shed so looks like my girl is back on her growth schedule, I'm soooooooooooooo happy :grin01:

That is funny you post today, I was thinking about you and your little Lil when I went to bed yesterday wondering if the mama mouse had given birth yet or not...shame to hear that not :( and if she had eating the offering...lol

Congratulations on the shed, that means you are giving her all that she needs :cheers:
When Lil eat a pinkie, you should make a photo and frame it.... with all your hard work and devotion, you should be very proud of yourself!

Thanks Jenkva, I suspect there will be a whole album of pics when lil finally eats. The shed was a surprise, because she is a snow I didn't notice she had been in blue. The best thing is her temperament hasn't changed, despite having to be fed with a syringe she is not at all worried about being picked up, or handshy. I had to keep the shed, and would have taken pics if she wasn't digesting her pinky puree.

Does it get easier to feed her with the syringe? I mean, is she more willing to take from it?
Mouse-Mama still not showing signs yet....?? :(

To be honest,it was easy from the start, I've syringe fed baby gerbils and zebra finches before, I was so worried about damaging her mouth and adding mouthrot to her troubles that I probably delayed longer than I could have.
Mama mouse starting to look pear-shaped, so hopefully not long to wait now

Back