• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

This turtle was not so tiny

Dinah

So the girls and I have had a busy week and we have actually had some pretty cool sightings that I haven't had time to post about. It seems the turtle (or tortoise ?) popluations are on the move here in Central FL, in the last week we have had 4 sightings.

The day that the puppy followed us home we saw 2 large turtles along the side of the road, both times I was really worried because here was this puppy following me for which I had not control over and no leash for and who know how it will react to a big turtle. So that is why there are no pics.

Anyways yesterday we were out and we came across just a small to medium sized box type turtle in the road. We moved him or her to the side where he was headed and left because it was kind of a busy corner and I didn't want to risk my kids just for a photo. I was actually a bit bummed that we had seen so many things and not been able to get any pictures at all. We were on our way home and turned onto our road when we found this guy in the middle of the street! It made my day that I was able to at least get this pic even if all I had was my phone.

Attachments

• Aeris and Celes with Turtle.jpeg
    Aeris and Celes with Turtle.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 121
It makes me think of how big my tiny little Western Paint will get. He's native to Colorado but someone took him as a pet. Never had a turtle before so my mind is thinking that I'll end up with a Godzilla even if I know he'll stay smaller than my cocker spaniel.

Good find and great photo.

Back