• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

uh-oh

Dirk94

oooo snap.
I was handling cadayle (my baby corn) just now and i saw a little black speck running around on her. Also, there is a little black line under her left eye (which i just noticed), and some of her scales seem to be darker than teh others. Please tell me its not mites already, i've only had her for a week!
Also, i dont know if its my humidity that is causing mites if there are any. The gauge says 60%, but i dont know how to make it go lower...please HELP!

Mites are not caused by humidity. Mites are bugs. Since you've only had her a week, more then likely she had them when you got her.

Honestly, I would return her to where you got her and then disinfect EVERYTHING (throw out any bedding in the cage as well). I wouldn't want to treat a hatchling infested with mites (treating older ones is no walk in the park as is).

You can try to treat her by soaking her in luke warm water twice a day...Keep her in a tub with nothing but paper towels, a basic hide and a water dish. I would not risk any of the usual methods for treating for mites on a hatchling.

ok well the only other thing besides hides, towels as substrate, a water dish, and a uth i had to start with was a branch, so i'll take that out. How long should the baths be? i just tried to give her one but it only lasted a little because she really dislikes the water. I dont want to have to give her up....

Back