• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Website Help!

surfrkidTS

You all have great quality websites and i really need some help. I'm sick of the freewebs.com websites i've been using and want to know how you guys are setting up your pages. I was thinking of getting MS Frontpage but it is awefully expensive and i would have to pay alot for a domain name. I am willing to pay but please make it cheap! Thanks a bunch,
Tyler

I'm actually working on a website myself and I just use notepad and handcode the HTML myself. It is time consuming but if you only want a simple site it can be quite effective. I'd let you have a look at mine but its not online yet, still got a way to go and I'm working on it inbetween work etc so it'll take a little while.

HTML doesn't take too long to learn, if you get a book and have read. Then its just a case of trial and error.

There are also a number of useful sites online that can help you with this. For example:

webmonkey

I also use shareware sites to help with buttons and images etc to help my pages look a bit more professional. Here's an example, althgough there are loads of others:-

freebuttons

If you are looking to do something more complicated then I guess you'll need Frontpage or something similar.

I still use freesites (geocities to be precise) but get around the popup adverts by using ShortURL.com

They are basically a free URL redirection service.

But like I said, any webpage stuff I do is very basic in comparison to the sites a lot of people round here have .

Let us know how you get on, it'd be nice to see it when its up and running. :)

Good luck

StubbyUK

Frontpage came with my pc's software package but i much prefer Dreamweaver and so use that instead.

I prefer FireWorks over Dreamweaver for the actual designing of the site...I do pull the png file into Dreamweaver to get some of the encoding complete...

Back