• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wedding Planning

Hypancistrus

Tara and I are in the beginning stages of planning the reception/party for our civil union this fall. I am very close to my dad's family (including second and third cousins) and I know they all know about Tara and I and seem very supportive. So I am trying to make a guest list for myself and I took care of that... but my mom's family is a little more tricky. She is estranged from her only brother who has four kids. I talk to two of the kids via Facebook, but I have not seen any of them in years.

We're trying to keep the guest list reasonable, which is very challenging when I have such a huge family. I'm not sure if I should invite my uncle and cousins or not, and so I sent my mom an email this morning asking for advice. She has not replied and I've talked to her via email and phone about other unrelated matters since then.

How long do I wait before moving on in this process and assuming she either has no opinion or is not willing to be a participant in this?

Maybe it's the estrangement that is bothering your mom more than the wedding planning aspect. Maybe she doesn't want to be unestranged. Yeah, I know that isn't a word.

If it was me I would ask outright. I know things that bother me take time to process and respond to, so something like that, where I had to consider getting back in touch with family I had bad history with would be hard for me to face right away. She may just need a day or three to think it over.

And congratulations!!!!!!!!

Back