• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is going on!

WholeFox

Hello all, Please excuse my urgency but Im afraid I dont have much time.

Ive had my corns for three years and had them sexed at least twice. I was assured since they were both female theyd be fine in the same tank.

Fast forward to now, I came back out of town for the weekend and came back to eggs in the tank and was floored. I did not want babies but of course leapt into action to take care of them.

I missed the opportunity to separate them so I left them clumped, picked them up without turning them over and placed them in a tupperware container with small holes poled in each corner filled halfway with moist peat moss complete with heating pad keeping it a little above 80 degrees with a humidity of 90%.

However these eggs still seem to be drying up.

This is when i discovered the eggs around midnight

This was the morning maybe an hour before I retrieved everything

However, the damage seems to continue

I have no idea what I can do next.
Id appreciate any assistance.

Again I apologize for being brash, Id just hate to destroy a whole clutch despite this being unintentional.

Thank you

I would suggest putting wet moss over the eggs as well as under this will help build a layer of humidity around the eggs. Not sure if it is too late for that though have not had eggs "cave in" like that before.

Best of luck!

This is reason number ONE for not cohabbing. Please separate them right away.

Candle the eggs to see if they are viable or slugs. If you aren't ready to have them all hatch and be responsible for feeding, housing (separately!), watering, and finding homes for all of them I would toss them out. It seems cruel but if you aren't ready then it isn't fair to you or the eggs.

Spray bottle with a light misting will fix this problem.
Don't spray directly, but mist over them, they'll plump back up.

Back