• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is he?

Itsnowingcorns

Stuffy Brit
I got my corn about 10 months ago from a hatchling. I already had a month 2 week old snow corn but my new corn was from a different pet shop. The man who sold the snake to my mom only told her it was an albino so I didn't know what it was and assumed it didn't have a certain type. I decided to try and find out recently though and thought he closely resembled a reverse okeetee but I'm still not sure. Can you get 'mongrel' corns? I don't know how to post pics so I put a pic of him as an attatchment or something, if you can, can somebody take a look and tell me if he is a reverse okeetee? Also sorry if this has been posted in the wrong place.

Attachments

• snake.JPG
    snake.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 39
Looks like an Amel corn to me. This means that your corn is lacking black pigmant. Do a search on Amel or Amelinistic and you should be able to find more pictures to compare to.

Thanks, I thought of that too, the pictues I saw he looked more like a reverse okeetee, he has no black pigment, do reverse okeetees? It's just I thought he would be one because the saddles on his back are outlined with white. I'm quite sure it's not a creamsice.

Itsnowingcorns said:
Thanks, I thought of that too, the pictues I saw he looked more like a reverse okeetee, he has no black pigment, do reverse okeetees? It's just I thought he would be one because the saddles on his back are outlined with white. I'm quite sure it's not a creamsice.

reverse okeetee is a line bred trait. Unless you know the parentage, you are better off calling it only an amel.

and to clarify what i was saying...reverse okeetees ARE amels (they were just line bred for the wider white borders)...creamsicles ARE amels (but they are a hybrid)...

Ok, thanks alot you guys! I feel alot better now, when I talk to others about my snakes I'm usually saying, Yes I have a snow corn and a red one. I knew he was amelanistic but I just didn't know if he had a type like that. He's still a pretty snake so it doesn't matter what he is.

Your amel is very nice, i think my snake also might be a little small for his age since he doesn't eat alot. He accepted a fuzzie once and will eat nothing but pinkies now. Do you think there could be a problem?

He looks lke our Bob )see my avatar). Bob has a lot of white on him too but as we don't know his parentage we call him an amel. :)

Back