• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what is the best to breed with butter?

popcorn

Popcorn w/ extra "BUTTER"
what is the best to breed with butter? anybody know? i want the babies to be real yellow ~

If you breed it with an amel you will get carmels and butters. They are both very yellow and beutiful.

Wrong. You will get all amels het caramel, unless the amel is het caramel then butters and amels het caramel.

If you want more yellow snakes, then breed it to a butter.

PLEASE don't grille me about this mix up. I have been masacured two times before about the littleist mixups. So again, PLEASE don't grill me! :bowdown:

PLEASE don't grille me about this mix up. I have been masacured two times before about the littleist mixups. So again, PLEASE don't grill me! :bowdown:

No one is trying to grill you *pats* but your answer was incorrect. If you don't truely know the answer, please don't post as if you do. What if this person did pair up their butter like that? They'd be disappointed in the results.

Corn snake genetics definitely takes some patience and understanding to learn. I myself only have the very basics down so I usually don't feel comfortable responding to these threads directly. Just slow down and read before you respond -- and if you're not sure of the answer then just say so! No one will fault you for that!

I am just the type who try's to stop somthing bad from happening before it even happens. :) P.S. rep was given to you MRScornsnake

I'm not grilling you at all, just correcting a mistake. As was mentioned the last thing I think anyone wants is for someone to get something in their head when it comes to breeding, only to be disappointed when the eggs hatch. We were all beginners once, and we've all posted stuff that was incorrect at one time or another, so it's no worries. If I came off harsh, it was definitely NOT my intention to do so.

With Butter

How about a Sunglow? I have one that is pretty yellow (and orange). I'm not sure how the genetics will work----just a thought.

Tip for avoiding massacres (note spelling of "massacre"): Don't answer questions unless you are reasonably sure of what you're talking about.

Maybe you'll consider this massacre number three... :grin01:

How about a stripe butter? Get some pretty yellow stripes going on...Also..I don't even know if there is such a thing but how about a hypo butter? (like I said..I don't know of there is such a thing so don't quote me on that...)

Also how about creamsicle? or maybe a blizzard since I do know some blizzards to have yellow on them..

You know, I bet a butter x creamsicle would be a pretty cool looking snake. I'm sure somebody has done it by now. I'd like to see a picture of one if anybody's got one.

Cornsnake124 said:
...and to roy, No, I don't think this would make the list. :)
Good. :)

You know, I bet a butter x creamsicle would be a pretty cool looking snake. I'm sure somebody has done it by now. I'd like to see a picture of one if anybody's got one.
A creamsicle is an amelanistic hybrid corn and emoryi. Cross it to a butter, and you get more creamsicles (that are het for caramel).

So let me see if I'm starting to understand this...

If Popcorn was to breed his butter to say a normal het for amel and anery..the babies would come out normal with hets for butter, amel and anery...and some might come out hypo amel with hets for butter normal and anery?:shrugs::shrugs::shrugs:

If Popcorn was to breed his butter to say a normal het for amel and anery..the babies would come out normal with hets for butter, amel and anery...and some might come out hypo amel with hets for butter normal and anery?:shrugs::shrugs::shrugs:

Nope. A butter (assuming no hets) bred to a normal het for amel and anery will statistically give you half a clutch of amels het caramel and half a clutch of normals het caramel and amel. All of the hatchlings would have a 50% chance of being het for anery. I don't know where you're getting the hypo from.

Not quite. A butter is homozygous amel and caramel. So bred to a het for amel and anery would yeild the following:

Half would be amels 100% het caramel and 50% het anery
Other half is normals 100% het for amel and caramel and 50% het anery

Unless both were at a minimum het for hypo then there will be no hypos.

Here you go......

Chris

Okay on that calculator..what do I do for the colors I don't want to choose? I tried seeing what would happen if I mixed an anery with a lavander..and the calculator said I would get normals het for anery and lavander..I know I must be doing something wrong..So how does this calculator work exactly?

Back