• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What will I get if I ........

CAcornguy

Beginner breeder!
Okay...I have stated many times that I totally suck at genetics!! I wonder what I will get if I breed my Snow female, to my new Amel Male?? anything aside from normals? Or what about Anery A to Snow? It is too much for me to figure out. I even tried the Calculator thing. I will just have to rely on you guys for now. Thanks!!

Provided there are no hets in either parent...

Snow x Amel:

100% Amel, het Anery

Snow x Anery A:

100% Anery, het Amel

VERY COOL!

Thank you CAV! I am very excited to learn that. I knew something aside from Normals would come out. I had no idea it would be 100 percent of one or the other (Anery vs. Amel) I do not think that either of these are hets. They are still more than a year away from breeding, but it is something to look forward to. So one more for you...what about when you breed an Anery A to a Snow?? Thanks.

Glad to help

Remember that a snow is homo for both Amel and Anery. When bred to either Amel or Anery, the offspring would be 100%. This is because both parents are carriers of the gene.

(See the first post for the answer to the Anery question)

Gotcha

That combination will give you 100% Normals, het for Amel and Anery (Snow). As always, this is dependent on the fact that niether parent is het for anything else.

Back