• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What will I / would I get?

Kyra Omega

I didn't plan on attempting to breed my corns at all ( or at least not until I was 99% certain I knew what I was doing) BUT... When I Aquired my Butter Motley Femal I was told she was probably gravid by a green spot snow? If she clutched what would I get? I know there are alot of other factors to keep in mind like those hidden Hets... But just an Idea would make me happy.

I also purchased A Striped Amel male. IF they were to breed what would I get?

I tried using the corn calcs on google and I need much more time to study and understand them, if and when I decide to comit to a scheduled breeding. For now I am just curious.

Thanks in Advance. :dancer:

If your butter motley female was bred to a snow, you can expect amel hatchlings het for caramel, anery & motley. If you breed her to the amel stripe, you can expect amel motleys het for caramel & stripe.

Awesome thanks :) After you told me that I looked at the Calculator and better understood what is was saying. I don't plan on breeding anytime soon ( 2 years wait time I would think IF i do.) But If she has a nice healthy clutch now with no problems it would be pretty neat and I already have propective homes for 5 babies if that happens lol.... at worse case scenario only like 30 more homes to find :) But I wouldn't be put out at all hanging on to all the babies until they find homes. Either way I can't wait to see what happens!

I didn't plan on attempting to breed my corns at all ( or at least not until I was 99% certain I knew what I was doing) BUT... When I Aquired my Butter Motley Femal I was told she was probably gravid by a green spot snow? If she clutched what would I get? I know there are alot of other factors to keep in mind like those hidden Hets... But just an Idea would make me happy.

I also purchased A Striped Amel male. IF they were to breed what would I get?

I tried using the corn calcs on google and I need much more time to study and understand them, if and when I decide to comit to a scheduled breeding. For now I am just curious.

Thanks in Advance. :dancer:

Butter mot x snow = amel het caramel anery motley With both parents being homo for amel the offspring have to be amel I think . . .

butter mot x amel stripe = amel het caramel mot or stripe and some amel mots het stripe, I think some normals but not sure?

Remember when using the calculator (corncalc) to put amel and caramel for visable on butter, if you put het you are saying she is a normal but carries the genes for butter. I think with either pairing you would have some neat hets.

Butter mot x snow = amel het caramel anery motley With both parents being homo for amel the offspring have to be amel I think . . .

Correct. And is you get any snow hatchlings, then you know your butter motley is also het for anery.

butter mot x amel stripe = amel het caramel mot or stripe and some amel mots het stripe, I think some normals but not sure?

Ummm, not quite. All the babies would be amel motleys het caramel and stripe. No normals. If you get any stripe hatchlings, then your butter motley is het stripe (carries one motley and one stripe gene as they are alleles.)

I am excited! I can't wait to see if she is really gravid! No matter what all I hope for is Healthy little babies even if they all came out "ugly" ( imposible) and I can't wait to possibly pair her up with my stripe next year! This is so much fun waiting to see what will come out! My male snow will also be big enough next year!!! My other little amel has a lot of growing to do so she probably won't be ready to breed for another 2 years. But man this is exciting. I feel like an expectant grandmother :)

Back