• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What would I get?

Emscornsnake

I have a Male blizzard, and a Female Striped Lavender corn snake. The male Blizzard is a 2011 Hatchling, and the Female is a 2010 Hatchling. I plan on breeding them in about 2-3 years, no sooner. What would be some possible outcomes? Also my Blizzard has a very very faint pattern on him now, would it be possible for the blizzard hatchlings to have a faint stripe on them from the female?

Thanks Will

www.corncalc.com will show you the calculations and probabilities of what you'd get after plugging them into the calculator. Also I believe there is a good Article I think by either Susan or Nanci on the Subject just search "Gentetics".

www.corncalc.com will show you the calculations and probabilities of what you'd get after plugging them into the calculator. Also I believe there is a good Article I think by either Susan or Nanci on the Subject just search "Gentetics".

Also forgot to mention you'll need to Google the Genetics of the 2 snakes to plug them into the Calc.

You will get normals with hets from the parents as follows
Male: Blizzard ( Amel, Charcoal )
Female: Lavender, Stripe

Phenotype:1 / 1 Normal het Lavender, Amel, Charcoal, Stripe

if you breed these offspring together you get this

Normal het Amel, Charcoal, Lavender, StripeFemale: Normal het Amel, Charcoal, Lavender, Stripe

Phenotype:27 / 256 Stripe 66% poss het. Lavender, Amel, Charcoal
27 / 256 Lavender 66% poss het. Amel, Charcoal, Stripe
27 / 256 Charcoal 66% poss het. Lavender, Amel, Stripe
27 / 256 Amel 66% poss het. Lavender, Charcoal, Stripe
81 / 256 Normal 66% poss het. Lavender, Amel, Charcoal, Stripe
9 / 256 Lavender, Stripe 66% poss het. Amel, Charcoal
9 / 256 Charcoal, Stripe 66% poss het. Lavender, Amel
9 / 256 Charcoal, Lavender 66% poss het. Amel, Stripe
9 / 256 Amel, Stripe 66% poss het. Lavender, Charcoal
3 / 256 Charcoal, Lavender, Stripe 66% poss het. Amel
9 / 256 Opal ( Amel, Lavender ) 66% poss het. Charcoal, Stripe
9 / 256 Blizzard ( Amel, Charcoal ) 66% poss het. Lavender, Stripe
3 / 256 Opal, Stripe ( Amel, Lavender, Stripe ) 66% poss het. Charcoal
3 / 256 Blizzard, Stripe ( Amel, Charcoal, Stripe ) 66% poss het. Lavender
3 / 256 Blizzard, Lavender ( Amel, Charcoal, Lavender ) 66% poss het. Stripe
1 / 256 Blizzard, Lavender, Stripe ( Amel, Charcoal, Lavender, Stripe

Blizzards often show a faint pattern, especially when young. It may or may not not be as noticeable as it reaches maturity. In the F2 generation, you can get blizzard stripes and the pattern may be slightly discernible, but again, possibly just barely.

Back