• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

wild caught corn

chausies

this little guy wandered into my house. I just fed him, so he has a little tummy bulge. I think he is pretty cool for an unexpected house guest.

Attachments

• herman.JPG
    herman.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 109
pattern

that was one of the things that clued me in that this was not one of my snakes. At first, hubby and I assumed that one of my little guys had gotten out (it was feeding night and I first assumed that I had not latched one of the cages properly.) I grabbed this snake off the floor without even thinking that it might NOT be one of mine, lol. When I went through the snakes rack twice and assured myself that all of my snakes were there, then I took a closer look at this snake and realized that none of my normal corns are that dark, and that none have that "shattered glass" marking on the back (for a moment I did doubt myself though, lol.)

Yeah, I read that other post. That has to be some type of stress, fungus on the egg, or something to cause that. Totally love it :cool: Again, nice find!

I probably will keep this little one

he does not seem to have any troubles adjusting to captivity, he is easy to handle and did not hesitate to eat. I have not tried him on f/t yet, but hopefully he will take that too. I wanted to see if he would eat before challenging him with leftovers, lol.

Make sure you house him separately from the others and don't re-use feeding containers, etc. Also, handle and feed him after all of your other snakes, or better yet on a totally different day. This will protect the CB snakes from WC parasites and the WC snake from CB microflora.

FWIW, the ones you find are always more special than the ones you buy. :)

Back