• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Albino Western Hognose.

Tavia

Elemental Exotics
He arrived today and I snapped some pictures before leaving him alone to get settled in his new enclosure. He's so cute!

DSC_1787_zps94c771da.jpg

DSC_1790_zpsc632f82b.jpg

DSC_1791_zps00fed521.jpg

DSC_1792_zpsfea0a19f.jpg

DSC_1793_zpsf315134c.jpg

DSC_1794_zps43afa619.jpg

DSC_1795_zps3ac705c6.jpg

DSC_1797_zps4e1f21fc.jpg

DSC_1800_zps13d7d933.jpg

And to show the size of him, here he is next to a standard sized business card.

DSC_1802_zps16060dbc.jpg

So adorable!! I'm jealous, I want one so bad, but they're banned here because they're a native species. :(

he is just so stinking cute!!!! Man, he's cute!! I know absolutely nothing about them other then they are supposed to be the second best snake for a beginner (besides a corn lol and I fell in love with corns so didn't research them) but he looks so awsome! Like the little piggy of the snake world (hope that doesn't offend lol).

He's adorable!!!! The colors on him are stunning as well - the photo where he's got his face burried under himself being all bashful is too cute!!!!

No, piggy comparisons don't offend, me anyway! Yeah, they feel really interesting! Probably the most different feeling scales of any of the 13 species we keep.

Yay! He just ate for the first time today, always a great feeling. He ate right away.
Still trying to figure out a good name for him though ...

Names can be tough! I have a number of babies I have yet to name, but then I bring home one of the Tessera's today, and figured out a name for her right away. LOL

Names are hard. I had a name picked out for the fire right away also, before we even have him and Spectra was harder. But I think it's cute and we call her Spec and Spot so far also. Thought it was a cute, fitting name for a ghost.

I've not seen many hognose but he is by far the CUTEST one I've seen. I really love his colors and his spots. I always sing the beginning of the polka dot bikini song when I see him :rofl:

We've got a couple of themes going for names, which usually makes it a lot easier to name new additions. But I'm not sure which of the remaining names in those themes fit him, I kind of want to name him in the same theme as my normal Western Hognose, Atticus. The only name in that theme I can think of is Kittanning, Kit for short. That's the one I'm leaning towards right now but I think I should get to know him a bit longer before deciding for sure.

I think Kittanning is a really cool name. I think Atticus is a pretty cool name too. You have some awesome names! The fire's name will be Hades and going to get some Parthenon columns and stuff to decorate his viv.

Back