• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2 snakes, 1 cage?

already seperated = ) i apologize for lashing back at your responses so quick, i still hadnt read the entire thread at that point.

I temporarily have one in a rubbermaid box until i can save the money to set up another comfortable home. I feel like its unfair to adam who is now in the platic container....will it be too stressful for them if i switch them back and forth so each of them can have the nice home for a week at a time????? I feel so bad that one gets jipped of a "pimp" pad. lol

I am normally not so nasty, honest!!! I had never believed in co habbing, and never would have if it hadn't been an emergency. But after I lost Kelsey I just feel like everyone out there co habbing and just sailing along is bound for incredible heartbreak if they love their animals they way I love mine.

No worries if i had an experience like yours I would probably say or do what ever needed to be done to ensure no one or snake has to go through that. Thanks for all the info I had never thought about all that risks involved and just like a baby they are my responsibility to keep happy healthy and safe, and that all I want for them = ) I truely thought they enjoyed eachother!!!

No need for me to say much of anything, it has been said...

BUT...

"Two Girls, One Cup??"

Sorry, I just couldnt help myself. I think the wait to start my breeding is getting to me...:p:devil01:

When I fist got into corns I had two in the same tank for about twenty minutes. Nimue lived in a little critter keeper for a week until we got a new 10 gal for her. We still only had one heat pad, so I put her one one shelf with a hot desk lamp just below her. We checked her temp around the clock and turned the lamp on and off as needed.

The same critter keeper was used to house Balthazar the snow when we brought him home and discovered that the fat tabby sat on his tank and pushed in the screen. We had a heat pad and dimmer switch for him at least.

I think your snake will be just fine until the new tank is ready.

already seperated = ) i apologize for lashing back at your responses so quick, i still hadnt read the entire thread at that point.

I temporarily have one in a rubbermaid box until i can save the money to set up another comfortable home. I feel like its unfair to adam who is now in the platic container....will it be too stressful for them if i switch them back and forth so each of them can have the nice home for a week at a time????? I feel so bad that one gets jipped of a "pimp" pad. lol
Fantastic! *hugs*

Ok great.

No worries if i had an experience like yours I would probably say or do what ever needed to be done to ensure no one or snake has to go through that. Thanks for all the info I had never thought about all that risks involved and just like a baby they are my responsibility to keep happy healthy and safe, and that all I want for them = ) I truely thought they enjoyed eachother!!!
Yes it would be...just take him out more if you must:D

currently have no choice but to co habbitate 3 corns in one tank

i bought 3 snakes off of Cregslist in a 29gall. they are all about 2 ft n i cant get more tanks right now can you tell me how to co habbitate them safely until we have enough room (in a year) to get them three tanks?
thanks

You can put two in tubs and keep one in the tank. There are directions on how to properly set them up in the DIY section. They shouldn't be kept together no matter what.

You can go to Walmart and pick up tubs. Drill some small breathing holes in the lid and sides and you're good to go. No tank required. ;) Most of my snakes are housed in sterilite tubs I got from Walmart.

i bought 3 snakes off of Cregslist in a 29gall. they are all about 2 ft n i cant get more tanks right now can you tell me how to co habbitate them safely until we have enough room (in a year) to get them three tanks?
thanks

was this buy fro Creglist really needed till ya had a proper setup next time try to do some research and as stated you can use tubs as for your question no there is not a safe way to co habbitatie your snake you have to know what to look for and that come with experience

I have to disagree and say that co-habiting is possible and perfectly easy....
You need to adopt the no viv no tank method of wild naturalistic viv...
This requires no sides to the viv and no glass in the doors, and you have to live in Florida..
Thousands do it there every day without too many problems.... ;)

This requires no sides to the viv and no glass in the doors, and you have to live in Florida..

:roflmao: :roflmao:

And I called Tinkerbeller a child.
I am so sorry if I acted like a child!

thanks

For real??

Get tubs. Cheap, and space friendly.

Yup and well said by Em too!

And you need to go the kiddie room with me Mike!

I love the plastic latching bins that are out there nowadays! They work great in a any situation with unexpected snakes. Just need to have the heat source depending on the species and time of year and your local temps.

Please do not cohab unless you are trying to breed the animals. You might not see any problems, but one day, it could be the death of whole collect.

Good Luck to all the new corn owners and I wish you the best. This forum is awesome and the people are pretty awesome too. I am sorry if my comment offended anyone. Please forgive me.

:crazy02::crazy02::crazy02:

Hey Hey Hey,they live more north than that...

I'm not offended. I should've used a smiley or an lol. My bad.

My husband made that joke too. He forgot his password and hasn't reset his profile, so he reads over my shoulder sometimes. The corns are considered my snakes, the python his his even though I do all the cleaning for all the pets.

Wow, quite the heated and passionate thread!

Perhaps time to calm things a bit and bring the emotional level down...so, a slight twist here, but for those who replied, if your corn snake could vote, would he/she be a Democrat or a Republican?

:D

Back