• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dark Charcoals

Shiari

Blutterer
Honestly, considering all the males I've had to breed with Gabby have been extremely light colored, I'm extremely pleased with how these two gals are turning out, especially when compared to their mother at similar ages.

Gabrielle (2013 charcoal het hypo amel diffused)

Ao8Zic.jpg

xliuS6.jpg

G69FQt.jpg

nroMev.jpg

Graphite (2019 charcaol het diffused 50% hypo amel lavender)

xuUJn4.jpg

hAdW9S.jpg

mHWd3m.jpg

Larune (2020 charcoal het motley 66% hypo 50% amel diffused)

zJS6He.png

LWVWig.jpg

e0QL9H.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting how Gabrielle went lighter and then darker!

Yeah, this line seems to do that. I'm just extremely pleased that Graphite is darkening up so well now. She was stunning as a baby and then that 9 month picture had me going "ewwww" XD I'm also glad she's finally starting to chill out, personality-wise so I am going to keep her after all.

Thank you! I poked Don about them since the matriarch was from SMR lines and he was uh.... impressed by them. O_O
And he said that he does still have some lines that throw dark babies so I'm to pester him up through hatching time so he can set aside a good male for me!

The female pewter I still have shed finally.

tmdCnm.jpg

She's nice, but not as dark as Graphite. Here's a pic with both of them.

TwFx2K.jpg

Schorl will be more uniformly colored as an adult, but Graphite is darker in the ground color as well as the saddles.

She just gets better and better with each shed, and at only 2 years old she should get quite a bit darker still.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210607-183931_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210607-183931_Gallery.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 114
Got any updates? Would love to see your dark beauties now.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Due to an accident, I sadly lost my Graphite girl which was a major blow, but the odds gods were kind enough to give me a female just as dark this year, as well a phenomenal pair of pewters. I'll also get some updated pictures of Larune and add in and she's going to get fairly near her mom's color and is a half-sibling to this crop.

Onyx: 0.1 charcoal masque het diffused 50% hypo, lavender, amel

FeEd5L.jpg

2hLCWw.jpg

Sk8fRv.jpg

Jet: 1.0 Pewter 50% hypo, lavender, amel - his level of diffusion was a very big surprise as neither the pewter grandmother nor the pewter father have particularly good diffusion

Nw8R3L.jpg

OdHsrL.jpg

VKABH5.jpg

Marquina: 0.1 Pewter 50% hypo, lavender, amel - some interesting colors going on with this girl. She should end up very much like her mother.

9LiDNy.jpg

c5z0dR.jpg

Some updates-

Larune, 3 years old now and probably at full color. Her sire was the palest silver charcoal motley so I'm pleased with her color considering what I was working with.

7m88kB.jpg

Onyx, 0.1 charcoal masque and far exceeding my wildest hopes

f2XBeh.png

qOo6nm.png

Coal 1.0 charcoal masque. I wasn't planning on keeping back 2 males, but with how he's turning out he needs to stay

8oZ2wX.png

evbkgR.png

Marquina 0.1 pewter. The diffused gene seems to be really lightening the babies in comparison.

UdAaOe.png

wA9Sxt.png

Jet 1.0 pewter and the lightest colored of my holdbacks. But that diffusion is :dancer:

1KZ9U4.png

1Duxcg.png

They're all beautiful. Onyx is incredibly dark! Thank you for posting these updates. Looking forward to seeing the continuation of this project.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

An update now that everyone is a year old!

Onyx

6z7mqP.png

Jet

5UoZMZ.png

Marquina

2SA4kr.png

Coal

VkBaJZ.png

Plus the 2 as-of-yet unnamed lighter females that I decided to keep

URCLd8.png

AWXYwk.png

The 'lightening phase' is well underway with some of these. Jet however has stayed exactly the same color the entire time. In another year, if they follow the pattern of their older siblings, they should start darkening considerably.

Ooh, Jet is my favorite! They're looking great!

My ice tessera went through a similar lightening and then darkening phase. It's not something I have experienced before, but I absolutely adore his darkness now, so I'm glad he changed.

They're very lovely. Jet has wonderful diffusion. I really like unnamed female in the top pic, also. Do those two have names yet?

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Back