• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is the easiest corn morph to see in a vivarium?

Just a few morph notes which might help:

- "Carolina" is just a fancy name for a Normal. Don't get carried away with the labels!

- An Okeetee is sometimes in the eye of the beholder - remember that you're looking for very wide, clear borders around the saddles. The term "Okeetee" can occasionally be used to dress up fairly ordinary Amels or Normals and add a few pounds to the price. Not saying that's what's happening in your shop, but it's best to be aware.

- The correct term with Corns is "Amel" not "Albino". If the term is used for a white/pink Corn (obviously not with the Okeetee), then the correct term is "Snow". "Albino" can be used interchangeably for Corns by folks who don't know the ins-and-outs.

In your shoes, I'd just forget how the morph is being labelled and go for the one you like the most. A clearly-marked, bright Normal, can be one of the most spectacular Corns around!

Also if you're looking at hatchlings in the shop, remember that colours can change quite radically in some morphs as they grow. Make sure you've done the background research on what the adults will look like.

Hope that helps - pics as soon as the new arrival... er... arrives, please! Some of us no longer have room to go shopping for more, so it's fun to help someone else!

Pro Exotics had the Albino Okeetee and a Carolina. So they should have those morphs

Reverse okeetees/amels and Carolina/normals are about as common as sand on a beach.

Some of those morphs listed are still fairly uncommon, such as the lava and miami-motleys. And that's here in the states! Europe doesn't have the profusion of the higher-end morphs like we do. Heck, charcoals are still quite rare there and that's from breeders!

If you *really* want to get one of those morphs specifically, look for breeders in your country. There are several.

Here is my Fire, Anna in her viv with purple sand. I have just changed it to black aspen bedding. But she sure stands out.
picture.php

You can, I love mine. However they do tend to be a little more flighty than a corn and not usually a great display snake.

Cool!

Now for a question: if there is there is the option, should I get a milk snake?

Yes, but do not replace the water dish with a milk dish. There are many beautiful milk snake morphs out there, but even the "plain" milk snakes are very pretty.

Which kind would you consider?

How about just "the one you like the best"?

Why automatically buy the one that everybody else likes best? :)

Which one is the most popular?
There are so many to choose from:
Sinaloans
Hondurans
Conants
Nelson's
Black
Eastern
Pueblan
Andean
Vera Cruz
New Mexico

Those were just the ones I could think of off the top of my head, and that doesn't include any of the morphs

If you need a longer list to look at then check out milksnakes.org (which lists about 15 more varieties)

Good luck!

If you can find one of these for sale, they'll definitely "pop" no matter what tank
Corn+Snake%252C+7.jpg

This one's colors aren't as bright, but still very nice
RainbowCornsnake.jpg

Back