• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Daytona 2009

Did'ja ever notice how you can't sign in here using your ebay password. I really wish they'd integrate the wwweb more fully.

There's a color printer/copier at the work place. I'll toss em a twenty and they'll look the other way.

How many folkses are coming to this clambake shindig roastythingamagig anyways? Inquiring minds and all that mess.

Kathy & ArchipelegoAngel, great suggestions for the "Clear tape a flyer on the vendors table" thing there-- wipe it off when it gets candy apple goo on it and it's good for a thousand more viewings til the next insighs-a-dentz. Win yews gits the wordings together, spam me a spammogram. askdave at davesfiles dot com works for the moment. I type it out to make it harder for professional s pam m e rs to do a search on the forums for an "A in a circle". Ya know, har ve sting new clients.

I had a dream last night, but I don't want to get a moderator warning copy&paste style message. So I can't tell you about it. It involved a pit of cornsnakes. Who's "Joe" anyways?

Kathy, I'd like to know what Rich is doing from 8:30-???> re: She plans to have Rich at the hotel between 7 - 7:30. She said he is totally in the dark about it so far. I'll be sure to leave my ring at home. Can I bring Robbie along with me? For support? I have lots of questions, and vodka.

And I agree on the "Lots of blank space" on the questionaire, that's what they have a backside for. Has anyone invited Jerry Springer to come?

We have about 40-45 people confirmed for dinner thus far with more planning on stopping by after eating elsewhere to join us for the rest of the festivities.

Let me work on some questions and I can send that to you as well as a link to a map (I am computer retarded) and a basic idea for a flyer. If you don't mind putting it all together into one big flyer somehow that we can make multiple copies of to pass out/leave on tables that would be just fantastic.

And if it is ok - I have a couple other things I would like to send you to print for me? One is a flyer for USARK that I would also like some copies of to put on tables and have at our GTG and I also need to print of the gift certificate we have for Mice Direct.
Let me know!!

Oh - and PS - Joe is my roommate/friend - CaptBogart

Just send it all on, and LMK how many of each you file you need. I'll upload it to my site and print them tomorrow. If you need any pictures of outsides of buildings, I can get those too, either for use here on the forums. I've got 3000 gb of bandwidth transfer per month so it shouldn't be a problem if you want to link to images on my site and use them on the forums (saves the site owner some expenditures in bandwidth). dave

Connie said they would arrive around 7 - 7:30, but plan to stay for quite a while. So no particular when they plan to leave. Guess it depends on what we are doing, and how long it lasts.

I just picked up the plaque - looks GREAT to me! I am glad we picked the rosewood stain - the dark red color really sets off the black and gold. I think most everyone should really like it.

Thanks, Dave - your donation really helped, and there is still some leftover for US ARK!

Extended Thanks to everyperson who provided ingredients for tossing the salad of ideas and helping that project get out of the egg. dave

Sorry for the late-ish reply...I've been following this thread for the last 25 pages or so and was finally inspired to respond. I also have access to a copier I can use for whatever is required, a color printer, etc. The plaque sounds excellent, I never had the opportunity to meet Dr. Bechtel, but I am thankful I will have the opportunity to meet Rich Z., as his snakes are outstanding and his dedication even more so. Please, details are my cup of tea! And I'm getting to Daytona early! Anything anyone needs help with, drop me a line. I'll get it done neatly...that's what I do!

Katie...

If you and Dave (or anyone else) work on signs to put on vendor tables, it might be nice to emphasize that the raffle will be for EVERYONE, not just cornsnake keepers. And that the prizes will not all be cornsnake related, and that the main purpose of the raffle is to raise funds for US ARK. Then Andrew could get some non-cornsnake vendors to put them on their tables, too. And we might get some python keepers, or other herpers to come and buy tickets.

If you are ambitious, you could even print a version for cornsnake tables that mention the corn discussions, AND the raffle, and then some other signs that mainly emphasize the raffle and US ARK. I would try to keep the wording as simple as possible, with a few words in big type to capture the interest of passersby.

Sorry if I already emailed or posted this - I have talked to so many people lately that it is difficult to remember what I discussed with whom, lol!

Katie mentioned there might be some limitations on space, but like most events in Daytona, the "Maximum Capacity" sign is frequently overlooked. I still think we need entertainment, like "dress dave up in an african soft furred rat costume, get a Burm, and do the Everglades Re-Enactment" skit.

We could always plan a talent contest, lol! Or we could show each other our bite scars - kind of like the guys in Jaws, bonding in the boat while showing off old scars!

Katie mentioned there might be some limitations on space, but like most events in Daytona, the "Maximum Capacity" sign is frequently overlooked. I still think we need entertainment, like "dress dave up in an african soft furred rat costume, get a Burm, and do the Everglades Re-Enactment" skit.

:roflmao:
I don't think mine is quite big enough for that reenactment... yet... LOL.

I definitely vote for this -- and bingo, of course! ;)

Back