• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Hello all, just an update two snakes are on thier way to Florida to be tested. I sent them out this morning.
The sick male amel is still alive but not doing good.
Have a good one all
bob

Have you made arrangements for him, just in case? You have the opportunity to have a nice fresh specimen. (I'm sorry, but you do).

Yes, I will be taking him to The University of KY Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab about 80 miles from here. I have some people wanting the adult female I have from the same source as the hatchlings. So I think I am gonna give her to them. She seems ok but I have told them everything and will thier only snake.

Wow... I wish you good luck in this.. What a shame. I hope you get some reimbursement back as it's been an few trying weeks for you.... Any recent word from the breeder on this issue? Good luck and God Bless...

Any news about the snakes? Have any more died? This is what made me decide not to breed Ari... I just don't want to take the chance of him catching something. Hope all is well.

I still have the one male hatchling that regurged, he still does not act right and seems so tiny. We should have some results back in 3 to 5 business days. The hatchlings were frozen for a time so I don't know how much that will effect the results. As soon as I get the results I will post them here.
Ari is a beautiful snake good luck with him/her.

Any news with the snakes yet? How is that little male? Did he make it? Have you heard anything from the breeder? Just keeping an eye on the post and I hope everything gets better for you. Think positive thoughts.... Happy Easter!

The results are back. They are attached with this. Thank you all for everything.
bob

Attachments

• necro.jpg
    necro.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 206
What Does This Mean?

Read the report, but what does this mean? Is it in your favor or not? Will you get any reimbursement from the breeder on this? To me, it sounds like the snakes were sick to begin with. I am not a person with medical training so I don't understand all the jargon. To put it in layman's terms, what does the report mean?

Basically, it means that a bacterial infection in the digestive tract is suspect, possibly Salmonella or E.coli, but without additional testing on either a live/sick specimen or a freshly deceased specimen, the exact cause of death or who is to blame cannot be determined without a doubt.

Well, to me it just seems strange when someone has 18 or so snakes and all of them are healthy and then one gets 5 new ones and within a few weeks most of them are dead... It's so sad and I feel for Crotalis 40741 and all he's been through with this. He spent all this money on new snakes for his collection and now he's lost the money he invested along with the snakes... So, so sad.... I wish I could help.

Just an update, I have an appointment Friday at 445pm to take the sick male hatchling to be checked and see if he can be live tested. I am hoping they can do the gastric lavage that day. I will keep everyone updated as soon as I know anything.
bob

Just an update, I have an appointment Friday at 445pm to take the sick male hatchling to be checked and see if he can be live tested. I am hoping they can do the gastric lavage that day. I will keep everyone updated as soon as I know anything.
bob

So how did the appointment go?

He has to take it back Monday for the vet to try to lavage it, and it's getting Carnivore Care and antibiotics. I think. I wish he could get a Merifluor test for crypto...

Back