• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I moved and got a new neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right, Robbie. Expect a retort soon...I'd imagine he got out of school around 3-330? It's 3:56 now.

You're probably right, Robbie. Expect a retort soon...I'd imagine he got out of school around 3-330? It's 3:56 now.

A retort? I'm expecting him to leave out of shame. A copy of the e-mail has also been posted in his "Back from the Brink" thread in which he directly mentioned his link with the Luray Zoo.

Thank you, Robbie! I was more than willing to take all of the heat and none of the credit, but you stepped up and did it for me. You rock oldschool, dude!!:cheers::cheers:

Snakemaster-
I hope you realize that the gig is up. We now know you, who you are, and what you are about. However...you still have time and an opportunity to turn this nonsense around and become a respectable and respectful member of this community.

Nobody is doing this strictly to embarrass you. This is being done so that you yourself might actually catch a glimpse of the reality of this situation, and hopefully make some changes in your attitude.

The ball is in your court...

Oh and just so everyone else knows...I sent young David a PM regarding this situation as well. Hopefully he will heed the advice and grow up a little bit...

Ok, so a 14-year old boy has been found guilty of exaggerating his credentials. Since he made baseless attacks on another member's product quality and breeding strategies, I guess he had it coming. But it would be cool if we could keep the gloating to a minimum. He's just a kid, after all. And some of the gloating can be interpreted as baiting. If the kid comes back and rises to that bait, I'm not going to be thrilled with the extra work that it may create for the mod team...

Ok, so a 14-year old boy has been found guilty of exaggerating his credentials. Since he made baseless attacks on another member's product quality and breeding strategies, I guess he had it coming. But it would be cool if we could keep the gloating to a minimum. He's just a kid, after all. And some of the gloating can be interpreted as baiting. If the kid comes back and rises to that bait, I'm not going to be thrilled with the extra work that it may create for the mod team...

I have no intention of responding to any more retorts or baits made by the kid. I only made this information public to show that claims he has made in threads other than this one are false, and his information (while some may be accurate) should be taken with a grain of salt.

I have no intention of responding to any more retorts or baits made by the kid. I only made this information public to show that claims he has made in threads other than this one are false, and his information (while some may be accurate) should be taken with a grain of salt.

OK... .

I also will avoid any further discussions with David about this particular incident. He's young, and as I said above...the ball is in his court. If he decides to "man up" and change his attitude...well then, so be it. I will accept him at face value.

But I have no intention of persuing this any further. As far as I am concerned, it's a lesson. Whether or not it is a lesson learned remains to be seen.

I also told David the same thing in my last PM to him...

Aww, you know what, David? (Can I call you that?) There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a new person on a forum. Heck, the beauty of it is that we can ask any kind of question we want. Nobody *expects* us to actually know anything. (and we can surprise 'em when we do!!) I mean, really...can you imagine Dean coming here and asking "hmm, should I move him up to hopper size?" Or Kathy Love..."what do you think guys, does this viv make my snake look fat?" No way!!

At 14, you're waaay ahead of me. I've only been keeping them for 6 months. As much as I've read and researched, I still only know as much as these experts have forgotten since breakfast. But it's OK. This is such a wonderful forum, and I've found that they're very forgiving. Just be who you are. You don't have to impress us. Although I have to admit, you've impressed me with the very fact that you came back here and said you were sorry. I'd never ask for more of you other than, be yourself. Have fun and give and take. I'm really proud of you at this moment. *hug*

oh and to robbies corn feild I am not gonna leave from shame or retort b/c its not woth it. Yea ya emailed the zoo I talked to mark and sent an apoligie. i feel that it was a bit childish to go this far. at least tyflier was nice and gave me suggestions which I took and am now saying im sorry

and it sounds as if you think im spider man and you just found out my identity ahhhh. Ok wrote work b/c im a lazy bum who cant half spell voulenteer I said I manage b/c i didnt want to write i sit and hand out food and clean up after animals. but all in all i love what I do and yes im an occasional voulenteer and proud so ya got me ya got the guy who is lazy as heck so there ya have it

i know i do but after taking time ti read the whole thing i was offended

David, a LOT of us were put off by this entire thread. Robbie wasn't trying to "bust" you...he was verifying your information. The attitude you were displaying was, I am quite sure, not something that the Luray Zoo would want to be associated with in such a public manner. There is nothing wrong with alerting them that one of their employees was acting in such a manner. It is certainly not Robbie's fault that the things you told us were different than the reality of the situation. If I were the owner of a business that thrived on nothing more than word of mouth and earned integrity, I would absolutely want to know if someone was "soiling my name" with these sorts of antics. There is nothing wrong with what Robbie did. In fact, I'd wager a bet that if everything you told us was 100% accurate to a "T", you would not be offended that it was posted. But that's a different story...

Ultimately, I think that if you move on, get over this incident, and learn to control your behavior and conduct yourself in a respectable and respectful manner, you will find yourself becoming a valued member of this community.

I told you before, in private...this community does not judge people based on their age or the number of snakes they have, or the number of years they have been keeping them. The members of this community judge people based solely and entirely upon the quality of their posts, and the manner in which they conduct themselves. You are being given the opportunity to step back, re-evaluate what you expect to get and what you expect to contribute with this forum, and really evaluate how you would like to be known here. This is your second chance. Make it worth everyone's while...most importantly your own...and treat this forum as if it is a public place where you talk face-to-face with other enthusiasts. I seriously doubt that you would act in a disrespectful manner in person, and you should treat this forum no differently. You may end up meeting some of us one day. There are a LOT of us that travel, and you just never know. It would be a shame to blow a good connection and a quality friendship over bragging, wouldn't it?

Anyhow...from me to you...I hope you've learned something and I hope you take the advice you've been given from myself and I'm sure others. Take the opportunity that's been given you to make a new start. I think you will like it here if you just settle in a little bit and enjoy the place and what it has to offer...

I have talked to the owner of the zoo. He said not to say things like that anymore and that was it i wasnt soiling his name I said nothing about him but I wan tto end this and thats that

We're all cool with it David. One thing though, what in the hell are you doing on the internet at four oclock in the morning?

We're all cool with it David. One thing though, what in the hell are you doing on the internet at four oclock in the morning?

He's three hours ahead of us, Wade. It was probably 6:15am when he posted it...just before school, would be my guess...;)

He's three hours ahead of us, Wade. It was probably 6:15am when he posted it...just before school, would be my guess...;)
I'm pretty sure the post time converts to your local time, so he did post at 4:14 am his time. (His post time says 5:14 am when I look at it anyway.)

D80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back