• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Chocolate Cornsnake?

Anery Hurricane Motley

Here she is...

000_0003.jpg

000_0004.jpg

I got a phantom female from them at daytona, which is to say that someone picked her out for me because i didnt attend the show. Had i been there, i would have passed on her. She had at least 2 retained sheds on her tail and she had regurge issues. Shes no longer with us.

That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. By the looks of their massive facilities it doesn't surprise me that a stuck shed would go unnoticed. As for the regurge, you know what, I've bought corns from smaller, but very very well respected breeders in the past and unfortunately also ended up with really difficult eaters and regurgers. You really can't be sure to get a 100% healthy animal from anyone, no matter who the breeders are. Of course, when a new snake dies on you (happened to me only once thankfully), its a perfect opportunity to reexamine one's own husbandry and make necessary tweaks if all is not as it should be. Not saying that that's what happened in your case, just saying that its definitely not always the breeder's fault when a snake is ill shortly after arriving to its new home.

Here is a snake that my Ex bought me that was called a Chocolate Corn.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50626

That's a good looking snake, but almost certainly something great plainsy going on. They should label it as a hybrid if that is indeed the case.

I don't care how big they are. If you sell BP morphs for thousands of dollars then you should put the same effort into knowing the morphs of every snake you sell. Saying they bought it as a "chocolate corn" so they're selling as that without knowing anything about it (hybrid, morph genetics) makes me very leery about their more expensive BPs. It doesn't instill confidence that they really care about what they breed or sell.

I don't care how big they are. If you sell BP morphs for thousands of dollars then you should put the same effort into knowing the morphs of every snake you sell. Saying they bought it as a "chocolate corn" so they're selling as that without knowing anything about it (hybrid, morph genetics) makes me very leery about their more expensive BPs. It doesn't instill confidence that they really care about what they breed or sell.

I agree that they should know and label their corns correctly. Clearly they are not as knowledgeable about corn snake morphs as a lot of people on this site. However, when it comes to balls, BHB definitely know what they are doing. Some of the most popular morphs on the market originated from BHB's breeding programs. The pinstripe morph just to name an example, apparently came from a w/c specimen that Brian bought and imported from Africa to the states way back when. They've been the first to produce a lot of compound morphs. I'm not particularly excited about BPs, but from what I've read, heard and seen, BHB are highly knowledgeable when it comes to BPs.

In my area of the central mid west,the chocolate corns were sold at several shows back in the late 90's and early 2000's as being a 75/25 corn/emory mix. Basically a rootbeer crossed back to an amel corn or sometimes rootbeer x rootbeer. The product of starting creamsicle lines. This may or may not be the case, but it sure looks like some of the animals back then.

I thought I had heard most of the morph names... but this is a new one on me. Did he ever get back with the genetics on this? I looked a few places and couldn't find anything listing the breakdown of a 'chocolate'.

Back