• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

503 Service Unavailable

torsten

Too many yet too few!!!
I keep getting the below message when trying to open some threads but not all threads. DYK for example won't open but comes up with this message.
503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

What it said...the server is busy with too much traffic. It happens sometimes and you just have to accept it. I get it every once in awhile, depending upon the time and the day.

I'm getting it everytime I try and open certain threads but I can open other threads at the same time which are fine.

For instance I cannot open DYK at all, at anytime of the day, yet I can open others at the same time which open fine.

I have just opened 7 threads in new tabs and 2 of those won't open, and I can bet that those will not ever let me open them now.

I have had this problem a few times as well.

I find that if I use a different web browser (I normally use Mozilla, but also use Apple Safari for Windows) that it lets me see the pages.

I'm in the process of looking for a new server. But honestly, I look forward to server moves much like I do getting root canals. It's a royal pain in the ass. But something that needs to be done on occasion, no matter what I may think about the process. :crying:

Torsten, I got that problem, and then cleared cache/cookies in firefox, and the issue resolved.

Did you try that?

I have to look at the forum at work on IE, then I don't have that problem. I HATE IE, but I love cs.com more than I hate IE. At home I use Opera and everything is fine...

Back