• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

the plot thickens...Motley!!

i was also looking up great plains rat snakes last night, and the mom does have a striking resemblance. i will try and get better photos of her soon (might have to stuff her under a bowl to get her to cooperate)

and in just a sec i'll post the dad of 2011's clutch; the snow.

alright here's Zora the snow. it looks like he doesn't have belly checks in that one photo, but he does. they're just hard to see and that's a crap photo.

july17018.jpg

july17020.jpg

july17021.jpg

july17024.jpg

i was also looking up great plains rat snakes last night, and the mom does have a striking resemblance. i will try and get better photos of her soon (might have to stuff her under a bowl to get her to cooperate)

Hmmmm ... Great Plains (or Emory) seems to be a pretty good possibility. It would explain the unusual ventrums and ... some Emoryi do carry the Reverse Stripe mutation.

probably wouldn't explain the strange white speckles on the one snow, though. and why would these weird snow-stripe things only pop up in this clutch, and in 1 snake of 2010's clutch.

we have a suspected-sibling of the suspected hybrid (LOL!), and here he is:

september26015.jpg

september26014.jpg

september26012.jpg

march19-22040.jpg

march19-22033.jpg

march19-22030.jpg

we think they're siblings because Dave got them at the same time and they are both het. Snow, so i figure there's a pretty good possibility they're related.

i also looked up Kisatchie corn snakes and this one looks like mom too:

attachment.php
. I found that photo on a forum and the posters name was KJUN. is he/she still around these forums? perhaps they know more.

i just cannot wait until these babies shed and start feeding! i even dreamt that one shed last nightt, LOL.

*edit*

apparently the picture won't work. oh well

Now you see why I say Corn snakes are must like Canary. Now all that Emeroy blood is screwing up the corns. Glad I did not add any new blood to my stock besides the Cinder .That came from the wild. I got the wild caught mother from Rich. The only new blood i want to add is WC or animals that come from stock that all ancestors can be traced back to the wild.

Yep When I looked at those snows that was the first thing that came to mind. They looked like they had Emoryi blotches

He (KJUN) still lurks about, I think, (he did post something recently) but it does not seem he posts much anymore.
He does have a forum, here, too.

Now you see why I say Corn snakes are must like Canary. Now all that Emeroy blood is screwing up the corns. Glad I did not add any new blood to my stock besides the Cinder .That came from the wild. I got the wild caught mother from Rich. The only new blood i want to add is WC or animals that come from stock that all ancestors can be traced back to the wild.

Yep When I looked at those snows that was the first thing that came to mind. They looked like they had Emoryi blotches

in my opinion, i think a lot more "corns" than we think have some other blood in them. you just can't know until something like this happens...THREE years later. and even then, you can't know 100%

and really, what's the difference, anyways. of course that's just my opinion. i would never knowingly sell hybrids as pure corns, but i don't mind having them in my collection because it honestly makes no difference to me, whatsoever.

I think he got sick and tried of the BS. I know the feeling

when i think there's going to be "one of those" threads, i often type a response, and promptly press DELETE and exit the thread. i try to steer clear of the BS. i've got a pretty good handle on what threads NOT to open, lol.

I keep corn hybrids too but the problem is most people dont have a good concept about breeding. Too many people think they are going to get something cool by breeding a 1/2 corn to a pure corn and what they get are some animals that look pure . Instead of culling them they sell them and it ruins the corn snake stock. Thats the problem.

Seeing that photo of a reverse stripe Emoryi pretty much clinches it in my mind! I was completely unaware something like that even existed. You learn something new every day!

I love hybrids...as long as they look nothing like a homozygous form of either of the parent species. The crazier and more unique their appearance, the better I like them!

Seeing that photo of a reverse stripe Emoryi pretty much clinches it in my mind! I was completely unaware something like that even existed. You learn something new every day!

I love hybrids...as long as they look nothing like a homozygous form of either of the parent species. The crazier and more unique their appearance, the better I like them!

Right on Susan

Katia the baby pic of your anery holdback on page 4, first glance I thought "gray or yellow rat snake baby"...it's very...monotone? :shrugs: and the saddles are "odd" lol, moreso than i'd expect in a corn...jmo :)

I've never worked with Emory Rats, and am not sure what hatchlings look like (without Googlin') but is no one else surprised that it's starting to show up where it's not expected? Everyone better start brushing up on Emory morphs ;)

Last edited:
Katia the baby pic of your anery holdback on page 4, first glance I thought "gray or yellow rat snake baby"...it's very...monotone? :shrugs: and the saddles are "odd" lol, moreso than i'd expect in a corn...jmo :)

I've never worked with Emory Rats, and am not sure what hatchlings look like (without Googlin') but is no one else surprised that it's starting to show up where it's not expected? Everyone better start brushing up on Emory morphs ;)

you mean the 2010 holdback right? the really light one? I have my forum pages set to display as many posts as possible so for me there are only 2 pages to this thread, lol.

she definitely is very monotone, now that she is finally eating well i can't wait for her to start growing!

in my opinion, i think a lot more "corns" than we think have some other blood in them. you just can't know until something like this happens...THREE years later. and even then, you can't know 100%

and really, what's the difference, anyways. of course that's just my opinion. i would never knowingly sell hybrids as pure corns, but i don't mind having them in my collection because it honestly makes no difference to me, whatsoever.

when i think there's going to be "one of those" threads, i often type a response, and promptly press DELETE and exit the thread. i try to steer clear of the BS. i've got a pretty good handle on what threads NOT to open, lol.

I think you're right, & really, there is no way to know for sure that WC animals are "pure".

Makes for some interesting creations though. :)
Keep the pics coming!

Back