• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oh, Craigslist...

Man, craigslist has been fun so far this year, I've actually managed to stay off it except for selling off excess feeder rabbits/ones I find too cute to feed to things... Here's the latest ad:

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/3820497422.html

Lovely, lets feed a retic a live prey item out of it's enclosure, a prey item that is frankly much too large for the snake.... People like this are what jeopardizes ME and my ability to keep large constrictors...

In other news, new people move into town, start hoarding snakes that they aren't feeding, giving anywhere near decent enclosures, or enough water and start trying to sell above market value on craigslist, the pictures I got of the bps and the conda they had showed a pretty starved/dehydrated animal. Thankfully, they lived on base which has a limit of animals/restrictions on exotics. Few minutes of internet searching to track down their address and a couple phone calls to base authorities took care of that in a hurry.

On a side note, look how nasty their carpet looks!

On a side note, look how nasty their carpet looks!

I think my carpet looks pretty crappy every couple days if I work long shifts, mainly because my big 14 lb male rabbit throws his bedding all over the floor, and if I miss a day with the vacuum it looks trash but.... I never have people over, take pictures, etc when it looks bad, besides the live food etc, vacuum your damn floor before posting it for people to see on craigslist LOL

Thanks for the info! Still haven't heard back. Worried about that poor animal. How do I even go about reporting it? Or do I not even try and just get the little snake and set him back where he belongs?

I contacted him too, he response once. Said the snake is not friendly and about 7in long. I did also forward the link to the Maryland division of fish an wildlife yesterday.

I contacted him too, he response once. Said the snake is not friendly and about 7in long. I did also forward the link to the Maryland division of fish an wildlife yesterday.

Thanks! I really hope they're able to- or care enough to- do something. Of course the little guys not friendly! He's being kept in a freaking jar with water. Ugh

Here's a gem from my local Craigslist... Unfortunately I'm all full up, or I'd try to rescue this baby.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/fod/3750302168.html

Baby Bearded Dragon - $1 (Hemet)
3Kc3I53Nd5Id5Kb5Fad4h7175aebbc4481cc5.jpg

Young bearded dragon for sale.
We feed him crickets and peaches.
[phone number removed]
Asking $60 obo

Looks like a baby cali king to me, He'll change some as he gets older. That is if he lives that long.
If he wasn't so tiny I'd try and rescue him but being that small it would be doubtful.
It's a shame, the guy just should have left him alone.

Is that even a kingsnake? Doesn't look right to me...

That appears to be a ground snake (Sonora semiannulata). They are pretty variable and do eat insects.

A couple variants of them on my site...
Ground Snake (Sonora semiannulata)

It could also be a variable sandsnake (Chilomeniscus stramineus), which too eats insects. Looking at the craigslist pic, I'm leaning more Chilomeniscus

The species profile from reptiles of az....http://www.reptilesofaz.org/Snakes-Subpages/h-c-stramineus.html

It is definitely not a hatchling cal king.

Urgh. We get gopher snakes on Craigslist all the time down here, as well. Same deal--look at this snake I just found, now gimme $50-100 for it!

Here's a recent one. Yep, absolutely fantastic rescue work there! Only the best rescues adopt out geckos that are still ridiculously emaciated. :nope:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pet/3839714374.html
3F73Nd3He5K85M55J4d5ub4acdc93bcf71f62.jpg

3E33Ge3H75H85M35J7d5u1f9fe24157e81baf.jpg

What is this? It's not a king snake, correct?? I think it's a type of rat snake.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/3805760738.html

Looks like a king snake to me--I don't know the individual species well enough to guess at what kind, though...

Wow, that's not the same pic that was posted a week ago. Yeah, that one looks like a king, but another member PM'd me and said the original photo was of a hypo/light-colored Everglades rat snake.

Back