• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this a miami?

dan803

Born this way
These are the best pictures I could get of him because he is so hyper. He is the sweetest thing though really. If anyone can identify the morph it would be much appreciated. The closest thing I came to was miami phase. Any other opinions?

100_0069.jpg

100_0063.jpg

No, that is a Classic/Normal.
See the orange in between the saddles? Miami's don't have that.
Here's a Miami hatchling (Maia-from Carol-LBR)
Her ground color is all grey.
All of the classics are some of my favorite morphs. :)

Attachments

• 011maiashed.jpg
    011maiashed.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 122
The orange is pretty vivid around the head and neck but does fade to virtually nothing further down the snake, as you can see in this picture. Do you still think it's a classic?
100_0072.jpg

The orange is pretty vivid around the head and neck but does fade to virtually nothing further down the snake, as you can see in this picture. Do you still think it's a classic?
100_0072.jpg

yep...sure do...normal/classic

Looks like she's still a youngster, so you can probably expect that orange in the background to come through even more over the next year.

That's a rather lovely Normal.

Like said above, it's a classic corn/normal. Most baby corns- even okeetee corns start out looking like that. The orange dorsal stripe towards the front end of the snake slowley (over the first 8+ months) fades/bleeds into the background coloration. As you get more into keeping cornsnakes you'll notice that with most baby corns. It's amazing the change baby corns go through with their color developement.

When you purchased the baby corn WHAT DID THE SELLER/STORE/ETC tell you it was (or what was the corn labeled)? Usually the best source for genetic background information is from the seller/breeder....

im no expert but it looks like a normal with the diffused gene. mine looks very simular so i looked it up and noticed she looked different from alot of the normals ive seen. i went to a cornsnake genetics website and found piks of a diffused normal corn. try to google it and compare yours.

im no expert but it looks like a normal with the diffused gene. mine looks very simular so i looked it up and noticed she looked different from alot of the normals ive seen. i went to a cornsnake genetics website and found piks of a diffused normal corn. try to google it and compare yours.

If there are belly checks, it isn't diffuse. And like the others, I believe it is a nice normal as there is too much orange in the ground color already for it to be a Miami phase.

You can't always rely on the breeder/seller to label Miamis and Okeetees correctly, either. Many will label them as such because that sells snakes.

You can't always rely on the breeder/seller to label Miamis and Okeetees correctly, either. Many will label them as such because that sells snakes.
Very true. Most well known breeders are very reputable, but there are some that either don't know the difference, or intentionally sell snakes mislabled to get them to sell.
I know someone who insists that she has a Miami, when I have pointed out the orange in the ground color, & said it's not a Miami. She still believes she has a Miami. *shrugs*

I can't wait for him to get bigger. :)

It is fun to watch them grow & change. :) (Be sure to post more pics, we like pics) :)

Back