• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Live Feeding

Duff said:
I think the only thing that is clear at this point is HaisseM just likes to argue for the sake of it. Many of the points are such stretches and barely sensible that's the only explanation I can think of. I say just ignore and the boredom will drive it somewhere else.

Man I wish I had the guts to say that, maybe I am by agreeing with you. I will admit some days this type of thread amuses me, but really in the long run it is tedious and draining. susang

Duff said:
I think the only thing that is clear at this point is HaisseM just likes to argue for the sake of it. Many of the points are such stretches and barely sensible that's the only explanation I can think of. I say just ignore and the boredom will drive it somewhere else.

Wow, I only wish that was true, but ok.

HaisseM said:
Wow, I only wish that was true, but ok.
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA... I'm not listeniiinnng... LA LA LA LA LA LA
icon_bolt.gif

starsevol said:
I never knew that! Thank you. So what do animals have in place of a cell wall?

Yup...

batwrangler said:
Google is my friend: cell membrane.

They only have a cell membrane; plants also have membranes as well, but they also have cell walls.

And to keep this post OT; there really is no need to feed your snake live food; especially if they're eating f/t just fine. That being said, most live feeding mis-haps happen because of owner error, not necessarily because it's intrinsically bad. After all, these are wild animals and they eat live animals in the wild. But most of the horror stories you hear of are people who leave a rodent over night or in for a couple of days. That is beyond irresponsible.

If you must feed live, watch the snake to make sure it actually eats the mouse; if it doesn't eat it within a couple of minutes, remove the mouse right away. You don't want your snake to become another horror story.

But yeah, there is no reason to do it, so don't.

Susan, I am very sorry to hear about your grandbabies, that is just awful.

I have never used the ignore button on this forum til now. And I must say it works great. Just like flushing a toilet, WHOOSH!! :)

Wow i stated a bit of a hornets nest with that question. Thanx for the advice and yes i think you are right that it is best not to feed live.

mele2511 said:
Wow i stated a bit of a hornets nest with that question. Thanx for the advice and yes i think you are right that it is best not to feed live.

Good for you! :cheers: good luck!

Back