CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Shalgon, the Comic relief LTR

Old 10-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Kokopelli
Shalgon, the Comic relief LTR

Shalgon as some of you know is an oddity.
Among his oddities are:

1- more docile than a slipper Texas Ratsnake
2- Leucistic with orange "lucky scales" popping out
3- cross eyed
4- has a rectal prolapse and went through surgery for it...

And a fifth oddity I noticed not too long ago... he has a very long tongue, so long that sometimes when he retracts it, the tips get stuck outside his mouth.

I managed to photo that today:

I won't be breeding him again(I did when he was younger, I didn't know the full extent of his defect- but he sired 13 offspring which were sold by the owner of the dame)... I have a feeling he is a product of one too many inbreedings... but he eats well, calmer than any given furniture item of your choice, and is simply cute.

So... here's one snake I have just for funzies

(he also really just loves doing nonsense, like trying to fit into his water dish. I don't allow him to because he has a tendency to stay in it days on end and actually cause himself harm- he once caused himself scale rot)

Old 10-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
danielle
He's so cute I love LTR's!!

Old 10-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Carinata
I love LTRs! I may get a pair in a year or so! The odd scales happens in most Leucy snakes. I have seen LTRs with half the head colored in. Also many of them are tame but the get a bad rep. The keeper makes the snake and because yours is nice it must have had alot of human interaction as a hatchling

Old 10-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
Rich in KY
He is absolutely gorgeous!

Old 10-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
Nanci
He's so cute!!! And beautiful.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
RobbiesCornField
Aw, how cute!

Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
Kokopelli
hehehe thanks, he is now 3 years old, hard to believe he's here since he was roughly 4 months old...

Old 10-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
tstephe3
VEry nice Oren! I love my guy too.. Unfortunately he's not as funny as yours.. But is really nice to me. Lol. Doesn't seem to like other people.

As far as the Orange scales I've heard of them.. But I'm not sure how common they are like David said. I've seen quite a few that are completely white.. So I guess it depends on who ya get them from.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
Carinata
Like I have seen some from the same clutch with coloring and some without. I have seen some where the random spots are amazing but some they don't look very good

Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
tstephe3
Gotcha.. I personally haven't seen any in person.. I am also picky and probably wouldnt buy one if I saw some of those blotches. Lol.

(Sorry for stealing the thread a lil Oren. You can have it back now.. )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google