• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

4 Boas and an LTR sat in a bar

Kokopelli

Resident Boa Fanatic
I think it's a good start line for a joke...

Anywhoo, Phoenix shed yesterday, Venus was in Light phase, Solaris seems content and possibly gravid(?)(please let it be so!!!) and Shalgon the LTR woke up from brumation and was adorable...

So I took pictures, hope you enjoy as much as I do(apparently I took 150 pictures!):

Shalgon, the cross eyed!

IMG_2538.jpg

check out one of his lucky scales on his belly

IMG_2530.jpg

awww:

IMG_2518.jpg

moving right along to Lotus, Light phase, being quiet and in a contemplating mood:

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

to be continued

Venus, -finally- some decent pictures of her!

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

Phoenix, being... horrible to look at:

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

And Solaris- if she's gravid... within a month or two I should see little flicks of tongues... pleeeaaaasee let it be so:

IMG_2496.jpg

And people tell me they are scared of Boas, pfft:

IMG_2507.jpg

Pleeeeaaaase be gravid(bear in mind, she ate 5 days ago- a single rat, granted... but still).

IMG_2503.jpg

Thanks for peeking.

Oren

Yeah, there's a reason why he is the only colubrid I kept and am planning on keeping...
for a Texas Ratsnake he is simply unbelievably docile... I have seen furniture more aggressive than this fella.
Been through a lot together, he's my pal.

They are all beautiful. I've got my fingers crossed for you. I hope Solaris is gravid. :)

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you (and Solaris)!! She's looking rather larger...

Mmmm, Phoenix...just send him to me. :D

Solaris is looking massive! I really hope she's knocked up, and you get the flickity flick of little tongues in the near future. :)

Now who's the greedy one? ;)

Okay, I'll settle for a Solaris baby! :D

Is one considered greedy when defending his own snakes?
Pfft.
As for babies... we'll have to see if I even sell any... considering they will be the only babies I will ever see from Spiritus R.I.P

Oren has sent me a mind meld message that he would prefer to live here in Canada with me and my snakes!!!:shrugs::bird::shrugs:

Oren has sent me a mind meld message that he would prefer to live here in Canada with me and my snakes!!!:shrugs::bird::shrugs:

You don't say! I didn't know there was another person named Oren here.
Neat!

:sidestep:

just kiddin', I imagine it could be an interesting scenario, living in Canada doesn't sound too bad

Beautiful animals Oren. The Boas are stunning. I also love your LTR... I've always wanted one, but haven't found one that looked "just right" like yours, where the eyes are large, but not bulging out of the eye sockets.

Oren, unless you are overfeeding Solaris & making her FAT I am very hopeful because she is definitely bigger in girth than she was!

Beautiful animals Oren. The Boas are stunning. I also love your LTR... I've always wanted one, but haven't found one that looked "just right" like yours, where the eyes are large, but not bulging out of the eye sockets.

I didn't notice he was cross eyed when I picked him up(God knows how I managed -that-)
I am not sure I'd intentionally pick out a snake with a defect though... that goes beyond my lines of "acceptable physical manipulation".

But as he is already here, and since he's been through quite a bit (surgery and all) I decided he will be a pet snake.

I'd suggest getting a healthy LTR without any "issues"... Shalgon here did breed, back when I was unaware that it was an hereditary defect... the young remained in the ownership of the female's keeper so... not under my control.

Personally, I won't be breeding him again.

Oren, unless you are overfeeding Solaris & making her FAT I am very hopeful because she is definitely bigger in girth than she was!

She eats a single rat once a month currently... due to my suspicion that she is gravid(it is discouraged by many to feed gravid females... there were cases of stillborns and premature labor alongside stools).

I decided that his last meal was far enough from the birth date to be safe... and should keep her going in case she isn't.

We'll see I guess :)

Back