• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2023 Babies

hypnoctopus

Olivia Barron
This will be my first year with multiple clutches. My first clutch is pipping now and the first baby is out! This clutch will be candy-themed, so this little anery is Raisinet!

20230617-113931.jpg

Well, all 16 babies are out now. I got a pretty even mix of anery tesseras and aneries (7 tesseras and 9 non-tesseras). No kinks, good weights, and everyone seems healthy. Now to wait for first sheds and then first feeds!

Attachments

• 20230619_170659.jpg
    20230619_170659.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 60
Clutch number 2 is pipping now. This is a much smaller clutch, with only 4 good eggs. Should be lavas and lava tesseras.

Attachments

• 20230624_120808.jpg
    20230624_120808.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 46
Just wanted to say how much I like that composite photo! Beautiful babies, beautifully shown.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, nothing good to update. The egg that pipped contained a dead baby that wasn't finished developing. One more egg pipped the exact same way, with just a tiny slit and a kinked, not fully developed baby inside. And the eggs that didn't pip also contained dead babies. It's like they stopped developing a few weeks ago - fully formed mostly white babies (hadn't gotten color yet), and eventually the yolk couldn't support them anymore, but they weren't developed enough to survive outside the egg.

I won't be re-pairing the mom this year, but I'll try again next year. The father of the clutch is here on loan and I never saw a full lock from them despite many sessions (which I always monitor, so I wouldn't miss a lock). So I'm kind of wondering if this clutch was actually a partho clutch. The one baby that had color looked exactly like a lava cinder (mom's morph). The dad is not het cinder, so I shouldn't have gotten any visual cinders. Plus the dad is tessera and none of the 4 babies were tessera.

Anyway, quite a bummer, but that's how it goes sometimes. I still have several neat upcoming clutches, but they aren't due to hatch until late August, early Septemberish.

New babies from a tiny 3 egg clutch pipping today, day 77. I also have one egg from a double clutch that was laid a day after these ones, so I imagine it will be pipping very soon as well.

20230817-100835.jpg

Last baby is out and it's a stunning lavender! Despite being only 3 eggs, this was a really cool clutch! Now to eagerly await those first sheds to help pinpoint the IDs on these babies.

20230820-161610.jpg

Back