• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Age of Corn Snake Owners Poll.

iam 36 and been keeping snakes since 11 /12 years old,24/5 years experince
first snake was a corn hatchling,which i was scared of ,which was why i bought it in the first place to over come the fear ??
now have about 36 snakes,might get a lizards but wouldn't know where to start

Actually, most of NY is "country." New York City is just the most well known part of the state. As far as area goes, it doesn't take up very much of the state. Other than that, we don't really have many big cities. Albany is kinda big, Buffalo, Syracuse are decent-sized cities. Maybe I'm missing one or two, but most of New York is farm land and small towns.

I'm the old lady here at 46 (though I've been told I'm very immature for my age - is that a bad thing??) I was the kid who would rather be traipsing in the woods, through a swamp, up a tree, etc. In righteous outrage, I rescued many a living thing from my barbaric neighbors who loved to torture anything they could catch. My father had a snake phobia, and I'd always thought snakes were very difficult to keep, so it wasn't until recently that I got my first snake. It's nice to come here to the forum because there aren't a lot of people my age who understand why I love snakes! :)

OK, OK

I have been lurking here for a while but I will make this my first post...

I'm an old married gal of 40 who's been keeping all sorts of critters all my life. Got my first snake when I was 6 and have been addicted ever since.

Have only recently gotten into corns; mostly because I am intrigued with their gentle nature and genetic diversity.

:D

Well, while we're on the subject of weight, I'm about 190 pounds. I might be a little more but I am very, very tall.

im 22 and have had snakes since i was 12 , starting with my first ball python , then my first corn at age 14. i now have various reptiles and other pets that have all been rescued from the locals in my area. most were either abused,neglected or they just werent wanted.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Neil, I'm curious. How tall are you?
Not to turn this into a "describe yourself" thread...but I am very very short. 5'1" and I weigh 111. (It's all muscle! ;))

Iris: 6'3" or 6'4" I'm actually quite skinny as well- I should probably be around 200 pounds!!!!

it's my b-day in 11 days!

I am 21 almost 22, with spotty herp. experiance in the past (I'd bring something home and mom would say no, dad would say cool, of course mom won and it went back where it came from. but Wisconsin doesn't have much cool in the herp area unless you like slimey stuff and I don't, my family did have a rather large Boa for a while who was found on a water heater of one of my dad's veteran buddies, but mom won there again and we gave teddy to the local University) however, I am educated so I am smart and stuff.... I don't look my age as everyone who meets me thinks I haven't even graduated high school yet sigh, but I can hold my liquor and love hockey and football I can tell you a million dirty jokes, I survived living with two 23 year old guys for two years and I drive a hot pink pick-up and I hate the TV show friends (no offence but they are so unrealistic IMVHO)

Well, take a weekend off from the forum and look at everything I've missed! Lol.

I'm 20 anyway, with about 6 months experience and 5 (soon to be 7) snakes. Well, 6 months with my own snakes, I helped my breeder quite a bit for the past year or so with about 50 different species of reptiles, including corns. 4 (soon to be 6) of my snakes are corns. See how addicted I am already?!?!

I must say that I've been a bit surprised at the ages listed here. There are 2 people in particular that I've pegged as being a few years older than they actually are (Neil and Iris, you guys write extemely well, I'd thought you were older!)

Of course, there are some I'd pegged as being younger too! Lol. :D

Hi! I'm new to this great forum. I am a 36 year old mother of one 9 year old boy. We bought our son a normal corn hatchling two months ago after much research and consideration. My son named it "Jeff"; he loves the Jeff Corwin show on Animal Planet. The breeders we bought the snake from seemed surprised that I would actually allow my son to have a snake. I guess alot of parents won't. I totally knew who would be taking care of the snake but didn't mind a bit. He or she is a great addition to our family and we are all very attached to "Jeff" already. I don't think I/we will be getting any more though. One husband, one kid, one snake, two cats. I know my limits. :)

Last edited:
Just turned 43 on Aug 17th, and I spent my birthday at the Expo in Daytona. I even got to pick out my own B-day presents...a pair of 2001 Hypo het Lav from Rich.

hi akatabby
hmm that what we all say "just the one" lol

and susan happy bithday ..wow some present ...you gotta post some pic's

Last edited:
Great Birthday present Susan! Sorry I didn't meet you in person--I probably stood next to you drooling at Riches table and didn't even know it.--Very nice show though!

Matt L.

Back