• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone in Arizona?

SharkBait1992

Just curios, i will be moving to yuma, arizona in july so i probably wont have a corn snake til late this year or early next year. only problem im really having right now is that i cant seem to find an apartment in the area that will allow me to have snakes. :awcrap:

:wavey: I am located in Mesa. There are a few of us floating around on here. I might try rewording your question when talking to apartments. Most the time people freak when you mention snake and think of big man eating snakes or venomous. I would ask if pets in fish tanks are allowed or something along those lines.

Im not in AZ, but Im pretty close in Blythe, CA.

Also, just be general in what animals you keep. Like was already mentioned, just ask if you can keep caged pets or pets in tanks. If they ask, just say its for a small, non-venomous reptile. If they are persistent, just tell them but I have found that usually they dont care because caged pets are treated different than cats or dogs. I have too many snakes so I feel like I have to tell them exactly what I have as they could kick me out later for not telling them. But I have 15 snakes and a parrot!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Yes, ask if "small caged animals" are allowed. We asked about pets when moving into an apartment and they said no problem. Then when finalizing the papers they asked what kind and we said 1 snake. Then they told us we couldn't have it. It was too late in the process though, so I had to give my snake away.

Welcome to Yuma in July! More Arizonans!

Thanks all and thank you for the welcomes! I'm excited for the move. I will definitely try rewording the way I ask. Though i think i have found the place they said a few of the residents have snakes so I'm happy about that. Now it all just depends on how much whatever job I get there pays me :D

I am curious about why you chose Yuma if you don't already have a job there? I am guessing you have relatives there? Or maybe there is something there I don't know about, lol! (something besides very pretty speckled rattlesnakes nearby!)

Yep my moms half of the family all live in yuma and my parents might be moving there soon too. I also grew up there and the cold of seattle is driving me crazy. I've lived in warm places all my life haha coming to the cold might not have been the best idea for me :p

Back