• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Craigslist super-find!

cotner

So i actually came across this amel while searching craigslist for a ferret hahaha im glad i found this one, especially since i unfortunately lost my first corn, my butter corn Lando. Picked'er and its 20gal long critter cage (sliding locking lid) w/ UTH and a couple ornaments, 5 fuzzies, tank cleaner, shed aid spray, and a bag of aspen bedding for $40!!! couldnt resist:D I haven't thought of a name yet for this one, nor do i know if its male of female. all i know is it is roughly a year old, maybe a bit older. I apologize for the pic quality, i don't have a decent camera so i used my phone. this corn has very viberant orange markings that dont show well with my camera phone....

amel.jpg

cruisin her new cleaned terrarium with added stuff!
amel3.jpg

closeup cruisin :)
amel2.jpg

exploring its new driftwood!
ameltank.jpg

Now its time for the name game. any suggestions????

Look at the perfect heart on her head! I would name her something to do with love, hearts, Valentines, cupids, something like that. Nice find!!

Nanci i never noticed that! great idea! i like that theme, im thinking of going with aphrodite (the goddess of love in greek mythology) and assume my new amel is a female. especailly since she is so docile and gentle!

Nice find! We got our amel from Craig's, with viv, for $50. (I was told she was $30 at the time, kind of an "ease dad into the buy" thing).
My Daughter has a light-colored amel with a heart on its head she named Cora, short for corazon.

Such a beauty! Yeah Craigslist is awesome! That's where I found the breeder to my Creamsicle! Great find and congratulations! :)

Back