• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Currently Active Users: 467 (23 members and 444 guests)

Matthew

-M.P. Stafford
:-offtopic

With 110 viewing General Discussion. Are we getting bot scanned?

Nothing important to see here, just kinda did a /boggle at how many were viewing. Heh...

Up to 505, not 30 seconds after I started the thread!

Edit: Looks like the record was broken with 602 this morning as well. Wth?

Tula_Montage said:
If only those 505 people would join and contribute something worthwhile!
Some of them might well be members that didn't wish to log-in (because they are at work??) or because they want to be stealthy. I used to view without logging in sometimes... usually when I forgot my user name (I've spelled it so many different ways over various boards) and had to look it up after the cookies were deleted! lol

Jenn

A lot are probably bots. Not all of them will be malicious, but that's what I'd put money on them being.

It would be pretty awesome if they were real people though, and they all joined and started posting. LOL. :crazy02:

Matthew said:
With 110 viewing General Discussion. Are we getting bot scanned?

Yeah, most of those "guests" are bots and spiders. I just went and looked at another forum that actually displays who is looking and most of the guest hits were from Yahoo Slurp spiders and MSN bots that were indexing.

I assume that's what's going on here at CS.com as well, although to a much greater degree since there's a lot more traffic here.

Well when it says google.com doesn't it mean someone found us from there at least? They have the potential to join, and I hope they do weeeee more members means more snakey pictures! :grin01:

The ones that say Google are probably Google bots scanning for keywords and such.

It's pretty amazing how much info those bots and spiders glean from sites like this. You could do a web search on a cornsnake topic that was posted today and you will probably see one of today's posts on the search engine. It's crazy. Maybe a little scary too... :shrugs:

*Looks around for Arnie* *Sees old and shriveled robot*

:grin01:

Edit: No, I didn't have to Google it.

Corny Noob said:
We're getting closer to SkyNET taking over now >_>

Anyone who doesn't get the reference is a commie.
Either that or Big Brother is watching. Now lets see who gets THAT reference!

Back