• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Diamond Bloodred / Magma Project

Basti94

In this topic I would like to document the background and progress of my Diamond Bloodred / Magma project.

In 2014 I had the great fortune to buy from a guy who sells all his corn snakes, a small group consisting of 1.1 Landrace Lava and 0.1 Landrace Okeetee 66% p.h. Lava CB2013. Since I live in Germany, it is not so easy to get such animals. The guy bought the animals himself directly from Joe Pierce and thus imported to Germany.

From this group I could breed great offspring and the best animals in my opinion I kept to use them for further breeding projects.

Inspired by the pictures of Joe Pierce's Magmas, I decided to start my own Magma project this year. And because one of my absolute favorite mutations is Charcoal, I included it in the project.

To allow a later comparison, I mated two different pairs together.

The first pair (parental generation) is my favorite. This is a Landrace Lava (Redcoat?) female that hatched for me in 2019 and a Pied Sided Pewter. het. Striped male CB2017.
I chose the Pied Sided Pewter het. Striped male, because on the one hand I wanted to include Charcoal in the project as already mentioned and on the other hand the previous Bloodred offspring of the male are characterized by a deep red color intensity.

On the third picture is one of the Wild type het. Bloodred, Charcoal, Lava offspring (F1) can be seen. Not all offspring show such a deep color intensity. But I selected the best ones to continue breeding with them in the future.

The second pair (parent generation) is my best Landrace Lava Okeetee male with beautiful silver saddle patch borders, which hatched in 2020 with me. For the female I chose a beautiful Pied Sided Bloodred female from the Brad McDonald line CB2019.

As expected, the offspring from this mating did not show the same deep color intensity as the hatchlings from the other mating.

I look forward to the F2 in 2-3 years.

Attachments

• Landrace Lava Redcoat.jpg
    Landrace Lava Redcoat.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Pied Sided Pewter het. Striped.jpg
    Pied Sided Pewter het. Striped.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Hatchling (Pied Sided Pewter het. Striped X Landrace Lava (Redcoat).jpg
    Hatchling (Pied Sided Pewter het. Striped X Landrace Lava (Redcoat).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 1.0 Landrace Lava Okeetee CB2020.jpg
    1.0 Landrace Lava Okeetee CB2020.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Female Pied Sided Bloodred (Brad McDonald) .jpg
    Female Pied Sided Bloodred (Brad McDonald) .jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Hatchling (Landrace Lava Okeetee X Pied Sided Blood).jpg
    Hatchling (Landrace Lava Okeetee X Pied Sided Blood).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 51
What a wonderful project! Beautiful animals to make it happen.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Back