• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help

MCHouse

I inherited an entire collection of corns from a friend i have identified all of the color and pattern morphs but this one.....can anyone tell me what this is?

unknowncorn.jpg

Thanks for the help

MCHouse
www.Nightbreedreptiles.com

I would agree. Looks to be an Amel.

So how many corns did you "inherit"? What other morphs are in the mix? :wavey:

I'd go so far as to say it looks like a banded amel. The saddles seem to wrap around the body, especially on the tail. Very nice!

really? I was told that this was an Amel!

amelfsweb.jpg

someone on another board called the first one a milk snake phase?

sorry I'm new to the corn snake market so I'm just totally lost!

I inherited roughly 30 corns including Butters, Amels, Snows, Green Blotch Snows, Anerys, Motleys, Stripes, Zig zags, Normals, and Miami Phase....

MCHouse

I'm so confused!!!! Is this also an Amel? I was unaware that they come in such variety!

2.jpg

I feel like such an idiot! I have been breeding snakes for 20 years but this is my first foray into corn snakes!

MCHouse

Their is a lot of variety in Amel...I attached a few pictures of my Amels (stripes) to show the variance that can be seen...I don't have any standard Amels, but hopefully that helps!

Attachments

• amelstripe_f2_full.jpg
    amelstripe_f2_full.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 68
  • amelstripe_f_full.jpg
    amelstripe_f_full.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 68
  • sunglowstripe_m_full.jpg
    sunglowstripe_m_full.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 67
  • amelstripe.jpg
    amelstripe.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 67
Yours could also be a cream sicle; amel with emoryi rat snake blood, cause they usually have lighter colors. But that is quite impossible to find out. At the other hand, most creams tend to have a somewhat bigger/broader head, which yours has not.

Al all stated above Amel's vary. Also certianly change alot as they get bigger.

My Amel Phinius at 2 months old (looking closer like the other amel you posted)
6a216694.jpg

Same Snake - This is Phinius at 11 months old.
9a41f825.jpg

Back