• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

High White Cali King Owners? Pics, Temperment?

K. Rene

Cozmic Cornz
Hey there I just did a few searches for threads containing info on High white cali kings. I have been smitten with them for a while and even contemplated adopting a few but haven't gotten one YET lol But seriously considering getting a male (from a breeder or at the show here in a few weeks) Zafrina (snake in avatar) my jungle corn's mother was a high white cali. I'd love to see pics of yours if you own one and how their temperament is overall (I've read/seen good and not as good things) Thanks in advance for sharing :D

I had a high white cal king. He was very pretty but did NOT like handling. His favorite thing to do was poo / musk me every time I got him out. Needless to say I don't have him anymore cause of that.

I had a high white cal king. He was very pretty but did NOT like handling. His favorite thing to do was poo / musk me every time I got him out. Needless to say I don't have him anymore cause of that.

Did you get him as a baby or as an adult? I can handle the musk, I'm just not excited about getting bit :/

Any evidence that a high white is any different from any other Cali king? I sure love my Chocolee, aberrant Coastal.

Hmm...
Well I will try to give a short answer.
I have a new to me High White Cal. King. I have only had her for 2 weeks, I have not found a name for her yet, or even done first pictures.

I bought her at a show. She is said to be 2 yrs old. The story I got was that the person who had her did not have time for her and she was on a maintenance only diet. She was biting the hand that held her at the show but it seemed like a hunger taste rather then aggression. A mistake at her first feeding here and she got a lot smaller mouse then I had planned. Last week she got a hopper and it barely showed a food lump so next week she will get a weanling. The hopper did settle her down quit a bit, BUT she has bitten me every time I have held her. I hope she will stop after a few more good sized meals and gentle handling.

I have a desert phase Cal. King, unknown sex, that I have had for two years, since it was a hatchling. "He" has bitten me once or twice when I smelled of mouse.

Can anyone tell me, do wussy gloves deter biting or just keep the fingers from bleeding?

The high white girl can break my skin, just. Maybe the first picture I need to take is of the results of her ferocious bites. ;)

I've had trouble feeding my Cali adult mice- she eats weanlings. If the hopper barely showed a lump, I might feed her a hopper on a five day schedule and evaluate if that calms down her hunger/biting.

We have had several cali kings, including an abberant patterned one from high white lines. I will never again own a cali king. Out of the four we've had, three were committed biters, who also liked to sling poo and musk up into your face. We did have one nice Cali, a banana king, who escaped during the moving process when Tara moved North to be with me. He was by all accounts quite nice.

I will also say that the "myth" that Cali's make great garbage disposals is just that-- a myth. Our corns are all better eaters than any of our kings. The best eaters, king-wise, are the Florida kings. Big Jake and Pyro never miss a meal unless they are in blue-- then again, the corns will pretty much eat even when in blue.

We have had several cali kings, including an abberant patterned one from high white lines. I will never again own a cali king. Out of the four we've had, three were committed biters, who also liked to sling poo and musk up into your face. We did have one nice Cali, a banana king, who escaped during the moving process when Tara moved North to be with me. He was by all accounts quite nice.

I will also say that the "myth" that Cali's make great garbage disposals is just that-- a myth. Our corns are all better eaters than any of our kings. The best eaters, king-wise, are the Florida kings. Big Jake and Pyro never miss a meal unless they are in blue-- then again, the corns will pretty much eat even when in blue.
I might have to in a very nice way disagree with u here on the garbage gut cali's, every single cali i have had, has been a great feeder and with a almost endless appetite. Also i havent encountered a bitty one yet, now flighty and loved to musk ive had 2 of my own like that and 1 one at work that was like that. But besides that i love my kings. :D

o and here is the only cali king i own at the moment, shes not a high white. But shes pretty!!! And one of my fav snakes!! Shes bigger now, about 3ft.

Attachments

• ckh.jpg
    ckh.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 49
  • h2.JPEG
    h2.JPEG
    63.3 KB · Views: 48
Did you get him as a baby or as an adult? I can handle the musk, I'm just not excited about getting bit :/

I did get mine as a baby cause he was so pretty but that pooing / musking is what I got tired of. He never did try to bit me though. :bird:

Here is my little one, Charlie. My best guess is that he is High White Albino.;)
picture.php

picture.php

Got him as a non feeder from a pet store that I really dislike, but I could not resist... The owner of the store got him in a trade, with a whole lot of baby corn snakes.

I have a high white hypo cali king snake and he is the most laid back 2010 I have ever seen lol he is a big baby XD here is his pics

DSCF5631.jpg

DSCF5626.jpg

DSCF5616.jpg

I have two Kings, a baby Cali King ("Kali")-I think she might be a abberant pattern banana? & I have an adult MBK, Ivan.
Ivan has been pretty easy to handle, except since I've had babies hatch, he seems to have a higher food drive. (Poor guy didn't get many to eat this year). He bites his water bowl.
Kali, is a great eater as well. She's a bit flightier, but not too bad. She's still young, & I imagine she'll get over it as she grows up.
This is a pic of Kali when I first got her. I don't have current pics on my work computer

Attachments

• picsay-1299627288.jpg
    picsay-1299627288.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 24
Nice snakes everyone!

Since tonight was feeding night for most of my kids I thought I would try to get a few pictures of my new Cali girl. She did not try to bite my tonight, yea!

First the whole body.

IMG_1029.jpg

Then the closest thing I got to a face shot tonight.

IMG_1030.jpg

Nice snakes everyone!

Since tonight was feeding night for most of my kids I thought I would try to get a few pictures of my new Cali girl. She did not try to bite my tonight, yea!

First the whole body.

IMG_1029.jpg

Then the closest thing I got to a face shot tonight.

IMG_1030.jpg
Wow she is pretty!!!!

Thanks for sharing those everyone. Sounds like there is still mixed reviews. Perhaps it just depends. Hmm.

Heather where did you get your Kings from?

Mine, being a baby, actually tends to tail rattle and strike at the glass of the tank when I am in the room.

Back