• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

It only took 8 months but I finally joined the club...

Matthew

-M.P. Stafford
Sadly, it's not the MBK club just yet. But it's the BITE CLUB, which is just about as cool.

For some reason today during feeding, Duckey decided I was just a little too warm to pass up a tasting. I suppose I should have put him up after the first few times he tried to get my wrist, but I was curious if he'd snag an appendage eventually. Turns out he did...

Enjoy!

Bite1.jpg

Bite2.jpg

Bite3.jpg

Barely felt a thing. Just a flesh wound...

For the sake of your health, I urge you to liberally apply an anticeptic, such as alcohol. Since the bite punctured your skin, this antiseptic MUST be applied INTERNALLY. There are many products on the market designed specifically to deliver the antiseptic quickly and effectively to the wounded area, such as Jack Daniels, Bacardi, and Absolut, to name but a few.

On the outside, a bit of soap and water is all that's needed!

Congrats!

'Tis but a scratch!

g840494_HolyGrail017.jpg

Welcome to both clubs, and thanks for reminding me that I've gotta post photos of my second "membership card"......

regards,
jazz

The first rule of Bite Club is you must provide photographic evidence! Excellent!!

You know how they say things happen in threes? I was #1, you're #2.

One more person out there is joining the Club...

Nanci

No, that's _Fight_ Club. It's different. What fun would it be to be in Bite Club if you couldn't commiserate with others?

Nanci

Naughty Naughty Bruce....Besides that, none of my comments are suitable to a public forum. :sidestep:

Ouch!

Hey your bite looks pretty impressive haha.I have 2 Corns who are just 4 months old and one has bitten me but because it was so small I didn't feel a thing.

Was just wondering,when they reach adulthood how painful is the bite?Just preparing myself for the future :)

Was just wondering,when they reach adulthood how painful is the bite?Just preparing myself for the future :)

Well, it won't be as bad as this...

carpetbite.jpg

and this really didn't hurt that much...Bites usually bleed more than they hurt...

yah getting bitten doesn't hurt nearly as much as you would think by like a 4 foot or 6 foot snake mines 3 1/2 feet now ad i just feel alittle sting for a sec then it bleeds alot but nothin really worth telling a story about

I don't have adult corns yet but the bite I got came from an (almost) 800 gram Ball Python. I barely felt anything at all.

In fact, the only thought that was going through my mind when he clamped down was "Oh gee, he's actually biting me now. Neat!"

Granted, I'm an electrician and a farm boy, so my hands are used to cuts, scrapes, nicks, etc...but everyone else says the same thing. "The shock is worse than the pain." *shrugs*

Well...Welcome to the Club! You can always tell a corn bite...you need a macro mode on your camera! Doesn't hurt much. It usually bleeds a pretty piece, but...it's not bad.

Now...an adult Woma...that stings a bit. An adult BCC...that stings a bit. An adult king...just a minor irritation. An adult corn...did she just bite me?

I don't have any "proof"...but my 3 year old daughter joined the Bite Club not long ago. She was holding my female '07 greyband king, and I saw it strike her finger. My daughter just looked at me and said, "Daddy...she's bitey. Can you hold her?" She's such a trooper...

Anyhow...just to add to the topic at hand, here is my(recently deceased) adult male Cali thinking I am a mouse. You know you're a snake lover when you get bit, and your first reaction is to grab a camera before it lets go...:rofl:

Attachments

• bitey_ventral.jpg
    bitey_ventral.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 9
Well, I've been bitten before, but never by my own snakes. I'd have to say the worst I've received is from an adult BRB. It wasn't something I'd prefer to repeat, though it was far less severe than it looked.

Aw, Chris. I'm sorry about your Cali...I must have missed the thread/news on his passing. What happened? :confused:

...Aw, Chris. I'm sorry about your Cali...I must have missed the thread/news on his passing. What happened?...
You didn't miss it...I didn't post one. He was a rescue, and simply died overnight while still in quarantine. No idea what happened. When I took him in, he was in aparrently decent shape, but his living conditions were horrible. I assume(I know....shouldn't do that) he had some sort of parasites or something that I was unaware of. I woke up one morning and he was dead. Luckily...I follow fairly strict quarantine practices for any snake I "rescue", and he died before he was introduced to the rest of my collection. It sucked, but...what can you do?:shrugs: I know he REALLY enjoyed the last couple months of his life while he was with me. He ate better at my house than ever in his life, so...He was happy...I guess...:shrugs:

Back