• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

John/Zorro--WE HAVE EGGS!!!

Woot! It looks like your shy little tessera man WAS doing the birds and bees thing with Niamh! She has laid (at least) 6 eggs, and they ALL look good (so far)!

We'll check tomorrow and see if there are any more before we pull them out and put them in the incubator.

Wow! I still don't even know what KIND of tessera your guy is (hypo?), but I figure that he and Niamh are going to have some pretty babies :). Incubator is set at about 84F, so I don't know how many days we should plan on, but at least we have something to plan FOR, if Murphy doesn't do us wrong :).

Here's a pic of Niamh and her nice, plump white eggs:

tesseraxniamh1a.jpg

Keep your fingers crossed for some sweet babies in the not too far distant future :). Yeah, I know, it's all old hat for you, but for me, it's new and exciting! *grins*

Great, he finally came through. He is het ultra so you are going to get Ultramel tesserras and normal tesserras hopefully he is het regular stripe and so you would also see some striped tesserras.
John

Congrats on the eggs! See, I told you ;)
I never saw any hookups with the Tessera I had on loan, but he certainly did his job, I have two clutches to prove it. :)

Now the waiting begins..... :)

Pretty!

Z wonders what an ultramel tessera would look like. I'm thinking a lot like your guy, here? We couldn't find one when we googled.

Heather, you DID tell me so! I'm so glad you're right. And, yep, waiting.... nervously! LOL!

Pretty!

Z wonders what an ultramel tessera would look like. I'm thinking a lot like your guy, here? We couldn't find one when we googled.

Heather, you DID tell me so! I'm so glad you're right. And, yep, waiting.... nervously! LOL!

If you look on my First Tesserra thread I posted one but have ended up with two Ultramel tesserras.
John
UltrTesserra2.jpg

I'm telling ya, I have a feeling you're going to get bit by the breeding bug & you won't be able to stop after you see your first pippies ;)

Thank you :).

Heather--maybe. But as someone who worked in animal shelters as a "euthanasia" technician, I do NOT want to produce any unwanted snakes who might end up "homeless", or worse--in the hands of someone who wouldn't do right by them. So IF I do breed (like this year), I am prepared to keep any and all of any babies that hatch (minus the ones John gets from this clutch, of course). That includes the two Okeetee eggs that are fertile. Which means, of course, that I'd have to be very, very careful about what and how many I bred.

We shall see what we get! Hopefully, Murphy will be kind to us :). The thought of DiE or kinked babies or non-feeders worries me all the time. I hope we get very lucky and have all healthy babies who will eat, grow, and thrive.

Me too :).

Niamh didn't lay any more eggs overnight, and she doesn't look or feel like she has more to deliver, so we carefully moved the eggs into the incubator today. Looks like mid-July for a hatch date for these eggs, and end of June/beginning of July for the 2 Okeetee eggs.

Back