• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My new Hoggie, Gauge!!

WOOOWIE!! He is SOOO pretty!! :D :D :D I don't know a whole heck of a lot about Hog Islands, but I sure know a gorgeous snake when I see one!!

Congrats Bree, he's a cute little fellow!

BTW, it was really nice meeting you yesterday!

I do remember seeing those.. I saw they were Hog and Longicauda crosses. I thought that was a really weird cross myself. I haven't seen any longicaudas for sale at shows. I have seen them online however.

Who knows! Lol, maybe next show you'll have to ask the guys. They are there every show with all kinds of stuff.

And you didn't point them out to me?? Who had them?

I found out he is a Hog Island x Longicauda cross. :D I'm so excited. Here's a picture comparison of another Longicauda that looks almost identical to Gauge in person... er snake. Lol. The colors and everything match up, except the fact that Gauge has the salmon pink shades on his sides, which I believe is his Hog Island influence.

That guy definitely isn't B.c. longicauda, its a B.c. constrictor (in this case a Peruvian), or 'true red tail'. :)

Here's a longicauda:
OrigLongtail.jpg

They have very distinct head patterns, and like Danielle said earlier, are generally very dark, lacking almost all red.

I suspect that when Oren reads this thread he'll set us all straight. :) I am so not an expert on boas so all I feel qualified to say is that Gauge is ~cute~.

Thanks! Nice meeting you too. :)

The guy who sold me Gauge was along the back wall, close to RodentPro's stand. He had two siblings in one cage for sale. One was really really dark more like the Longicauda pic you showed and the other one was Gauge. The seller was a guy wearing a bright red shirt. That's pretty much all I remember.

That guy definitely isn't B.c. longicauda, its a B.c. constrictor (in this case a Peruvian), or 'true red tail'. :)

Here's a longicauda:
OrigLongtail.jpg

They have very distinct head patterns, and like Danielle said earlier, are generally very dark, lacking almost all red.

I didnt think you wanted a cross.. Duh.. But, yea the guys along the back wall with the biggest collection of reptiles there. Lol.

Anyway, looking at the head of your boy.. I can see some similarities in a BCL head and his head. So maybe it is.. :shrugs:

I didnt think you wanted a cross.. Duh.. But, yea the guys along the back wall with the biggest collection of reptiles there. Lol.

Anyway, looking at the head of your boy.. I can see some similarities in a BCL head and his head. So maybe it is.. :shrugs:

I wanted a pure Hog but once I saw Gauge I kinda fell in love with him. I don't plan on breeding him, just keeping him as a family pet so his being cross doesn't matter to me. He's been such a sweetie and so well behaved I absolutely love him.

I wish I knew contact info for the guy that sold me Gauge. Oh well just gives me a reason to go back for Feb's show and look at more beautiful creatures to buy. :D Lol.

The guy who sold me Gauge was along the back wall, close to RodentPro's stand. He had two siblings in one cage for sale. One was really really dark more like the Longicauda pic you showed and the other one was Gauge. The seller was a guy wearing a bright red shirt. That's pretty much all I remember.

I had a feeling...PM coming your way. :)

Of course I didn't want a cross, but you know that I like all things boa...so something out of the ordinary should have made you come find me...duh! ;)

I wouldn't discount that it could be a BCIxBCL cross, but I don't think it is very likely. Anyone who is keeping BCL would probably want to be breeding pure BCL (I know I would).

Bree, can you get some more full body pictures and some closer pictures of the top of his head? Just for my own curiosity. :)

Tried to get some more shots today.

Hope these pics are of some help. Didn't get home til late tonight so couldn't get any in natural light. These were the best of all the ones I took. Gauge is 2' long btw.

l_126521d52310493cafb3b8b416a86788.jpg

l_00d83c28cc3a4227b860f61c0f37a74f.jpg

AJ held Gauge for the first time tonight. I was so proud cuz at first he was so against having a boa and now he loves him. ^_^

l_199d972dc08f4e518dcdf749fc9bc3e2.jpg

l_fc9fccd7f1df495f93581290b9071457.jpg

This pic shows his colors really well. Snagged a quick shot after he took his hopper.

l_9e15b75e0e2446918ea8763541fe2edb.jpg

It's official. I need a boa.

No Jeni!!! No more snakies! :laugh:

And Bree, looking at these photos, I'd say it is a definite possibility that he could be a longicauda cross. Someday when I'm in your area, I'd love to see him in person (if that would be okay with you...I'm down there quite a bit)!!

Bree, looking at these photos, I'd say it is a definite possibility that he could be a longicauda cross. Someday when I'm in your area, I'd love to see him in person (if that would be okay with you...I'm down there quite a bit)!!

Woot! You can totally come by and see him once he's settled in. Trent wants to too. This guy is more popular than I am. >.<

Nice pick up Bree...:cheers:

Thanks! -air five sent you way- :p

Back