• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My new Hoggie, Gauge!!

Lol. I know that feeling. I set my mind at 6 corns max.. prolly end up being 16+

I just reached 5. I told myself that would be the max. But I REALLY want one of Carol's Miami's. Will that be the end of the obsession? The world may never know.. *insert tootsie roll pop owl*

Especially if people keep posting pictures of their ATB's. Jerks.

Just an update on the little guy. He seems to have developed (or had) a respiratory infection a few days ago. His temps were raised to fight the infection and I think we caught it early enough to where he will be okay. There's no more bubbles (they were minuscule to begin with) or popping noises but his temps will stay up a bit longer just to make sure he's fully recovered.

Today was supposed to be his feeding day but that is being held off too until I know he has the energy to to digest. Is 99 grams small for an 09 baby boa? When he lays flat his spine doesn't show but when he wraps around your hand or whatever you can see/feel it at times. I'm hoping once he is better that he can get on a healthy eating schedule. Any tips with feeding boas is appreciated. I've been told the Munson Plan works well for them for determining feeder size.

Thanks for reading and have a good one. :)

Also wanted to let everyone know.. after posting his pics on boa forums they tell me he is just a gorgeous common Colombian Boa.

Boa hatchlings are normally fed every 10 days and every 14 or so for adults. My 09 eats weanling mice to sm. adult mice if that helps:)

wow, he's pretty cute! I can hardly see any hog influence in his colouration.

ah, makes sense he's "common" BCI then. I had the same thing happen to me, I was so excited about getting a miami corn snake...only to find out later he's normal. What boa forms do you post on? I lurk on a few, but haven't found one I like posting on as much as this board.

I posted them on redtailboas.com under the same user name. If you are ever one there hit me up sometime. :)

Boa hatchlings are normally fed every 10 days and every 14 or so for adults. My 09 eats weanling mice to sm. adult mice if that helps:)

Hmm, I feed my young ones (until they are a year old or so) every 7 days, every 10 until they are 2-ish (more if they are slow growers), and then every 14-30 after that.

I posted them on redtailboas.com under the same user name. If you are ever one there hit me up sometime. :)

RTB.net is way cooler... ;)

So, I went to the local reptile show today to pick up a RodentPro order and while I was there I went and talked to the guy that sold me Gauge. I asked him about Gauge's parents and he insisted that his mom was a pure Hog Island and his dad was a pure Longicauda. He even showed me Hogs and Longs that he had for sale. He stated that he experimented with combining the two in order to produce boas that had the black highlights of the Longicauda as well as the chameleon like color changing characteristics of a Hog Island. He said the outcome was gray and black babies with intense hints of pink and salmon. I double checked his story and questioned him more and more, and he seemed very insistent on the fact that he knew what he was doing and remembered the breeding exactly. He had one of Gauge's supposed siblings in the container (the one of the two I saw but didn't buy) that showed more the colorings of a Hog but still had the Longicauda darkness also. I don't know if his story is true or not but he seemed so sure, almost to the point of being offended, about the fact that Gauge is half pure Hog and half pure Longicauda. Any thoughts on the matter?

Back